Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Another question about Ofsted today!

She has spoken to Ofsted and they say they have no idea why she needs to do it but she still does!

I really should keep out of threads re Committees as I have no experience - however I would ring Ofsted again - I have never heard of this - and saying 'they have no idea why she needs it but she does' is a pretty poor response in my humble

• Like 1

If you change setting address should everyone connected (staff/committee) redo checks for new address ? Today a CM came in with a letter from Ofsted saying 'they couldn't make decision on her application' due to the setting change of address, she's been a CM since 2010 with an enhanced disclosure' , this is totally random, no idea why it's turned up now, didn't get chance to phone them, but now worrying if we all should have redone them for new address, I had the suitable persons check in new prem, but nothing mentioned about this :/

The Health Declaration only ever used to apply to people who were actually going to work with the children so should only apply to staff or committee who work directly with the children. Unless, of course, this is another change they haven't told us about.

When we re-branded/re-registered as a social enterprise in 2012 it was stipulated that myself and my two deputies had to do a health declaration form (somewhere in ofsted rules etc, can't remember the name of the form now) ours was 'only' £40 each though.......

This rings a bell with me, when a new committee member put themselves in the WRONG category on their EY2. Ask for clarification again

think eyfs 1966 may have hit the nail on the head , remember Oftsed are not able to give advice they are only inspectorates ! Call again , clarify and don't think it is at all necessary
  • Like 1

We were re registering so are already open and managers known to ofsted so don't know if it's different with a totally new manager? So we've already done the health declaration In the past but they won't cross reference!!! You don't have to physically go for a health check just fill in health declaration form and get docs to sign!