Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ofsted

can anyone confirm for me how many types of id you request when ofsted arrive, as I have recently been told two their ofsted id and a form of photo id is this correct ?

Also can a qualified teacher be counted if they haven't got a childcare qualification, or does the teacher training over rule that ?

Yes only the lanyard ID for us too, not heard anything else although I did hear that you could also call Ofsted to confirm identity - anyone ever done that?

Ref the Teacher status I was told (but this must be at least 6 years ago) that I couldn't have a primary school teacher as qualified staff unless they had trained specifically in Early Years - this may have changed though

When we had our last Ofsted 2012 (or maybe 2011?!!) - I remember the inspector got the right 'ump when she looked at our staffs qualifications. She told me they couldn't possibly be correct- as she herself was not as qualified to work in a pre-school and she was a teacher!!

Luckily we had the evidence printed out to show they were all 'relevant' to our setting. I'm guessing she was lacking the 0-5 experience. I would check your staff's details with the government website - used to be the CDWC but renamed now.

To be fair she was a very strange lady- she didn't really have a clue about anything much. :blink:

• Like 1

Yes only the lanyard ID for us too, not heard anything else although I did hear that you could also call Ofsted to confirm identity - anyone ever done that?

Ref the Teacher status I was told (but this must be at least 6 years ago) that I couldn't have a primary school teacher as qualified staff unless they had trained specifically in Early Years - this may have changed though

Ref...teacher status...I have recently investigated a similar query... a qualified teacher does not count as qualified unless they have full and relevant early years training.

https://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/teaching-schools

Edited by DebbieW

An Ofsted inspector will have their photo ID on a lanyard and their passbook which gives them right of entry to the setting.

Cx

So no requirement to check marital status, inside leg measurement? :ph34r:

Apologies beeching and catma - I couldn't resist :1b

• Like 1

If you look on the left hand side of the d of e page you have linked to you will see a tab that says EYPS/QTS. If you click that you will find the following guidance:

The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework specifically defines both Early Years Professional Status (EYPS) and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) as full and relevant qualifications at level 6.

Practitioners with QTS gained outside of foundation or key stage 1 should consider additional training which specifically covers working with babies, toddlers and young children under the age of five.

I would say, If in doubt, call Ofsted, but to me I think YES. VALID. I would want to get them on some specific training for their age group however, but that would be true of any practitioner.

Edited by eyfs1966