Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yay!

Steve

Guest sn0wdr0p

mmm bet it's so true to life ;) I posted how to make milk on another thread 5 minutes ago so I must almost be a farmer myself.

Guest youngrisers

love the connection now watching reruns of country file for ideas on current term topic. think little lambs and woolly caterpillars are covered and then went back to growing things. love the milk into cream idea and we have a local herd of cows nearby which will fascinate the children.

It was such a lovely moment when she realised they really wanted her to move in, and when she said she needed to be part of a family. I hope it works out for them all, she certainly is an asset around the place!

BUT Rob I could quite easily strangle!

• Like 1

It was such a lovely moment when she realised they really wanted her to move in, and when she said she needed to be part of a family. I hope it works out for them all, she certainly is an asset around the place!

BUT Rob I could quite easily strangle!

Is that Helen's Rob? I quite frequently find myself wanting to strangle Helen!

Saves trying to catch up now.

Thanks Archers Fans.

Do we need an new weekly thread in lounge time for those of us who miss out from time to time.

I know, I know perhaps we can write them a storyline about two year olds in the village school.

• Like 1

At last - the Archers actually talking to each other about things that matter - what a novel idea.

As for Rob and Helen, I predict Very Nasty Things. Very Nasty Things Indeed. Let's hope that Kirsty talks to Ian at some point about their fears (and I think Adam might be coming around to Ian's way of thinking, too) and they mount a rescue mission.

However much Helen irritates me, no-one deserves to have Rob in their life. Time for Jess to make another appearance soon, I think.

In other news, when is the Albion arriving?

• Like 1

Well Froglet, it all depends on how far back you want to go? Here are the highlights.

Jess and Rob have a dinner party (Jess was trying to persuade Rob to stay in Ambridge). Party is a disaster (largely but not confined to the fact that Kirsty and Helen were roped into doing the catering and serving the food), Jennifer hears Rob being beastly to Jess but seems to have forgotten about this now that Rob is romantically involved with her favourite niece.

Jess leaves for Hampshire.

Rob goes to Helen telling her its her he loves, and now they can be together.

Helen keeps all this a secret for a while but then blurts it out after Pat puts the thumbscrews on. Pat is aghast and appalled and Helen ends up walking out (with Henry) in high dudgeon.

Rob tells Helen that Jess has agreed to a divorce. Subsequently we hear him telling Jess on the 'phone that there's no rush but she can take her time.

Helen is very much in love and seems blind to what Rob's behaviour is all about ("the problem is Helen I love you so much that I want you all to myself") but she has already started not to take calls from friends whilst he's with Rob and has lied to him about where she was because she knew he'd be cross if she'd said she was with Ian.

Rob has already lost his patience with Henry and lashed out verbally at him (although who wouldn't? :ph34r: ). Now Rob's got her to agree to texting him if she has a friend around and he's likely to come home and have to talk to them.

And there's the incident with the tuna, and telling her to change into something else before a night out, changing what she was going to cook for a dinner party at the very last minute, and probably lots of other things I've forgotten - anyone else care to add anything?

Oh, and I forgot all about Ian punching Rob's lights out!

• Like 2

Thank you! I had only really heard Pat being aghast and Rob being charming and clearly something was going to happen... But I didn't know what. As for Henry there is something about children in the Archers and I don't really know why - after all they don't say much! I think it was Ruaridh (Brian's son?) used to have a similar effect on me!

• Like 1

Thanks for the catch-up; We've had a break (for the first time in 30 years! What a scary thought - 30 yrs that is, not the break :P).

We had to turn off with all the 'Shula/Daryl' scenarios - just couldn't be bothered to listen to such a poor storyline! We have listened occasionally over the past few weeks but never feel that we have missed much!

Devonmaid, you need to come and visit us in the real Archers village. Treachery and intrigued that beats the radio soap hands down. No weak story lines here :D

Maybe I should start a thread with names changed.

My mum's originally from Worcestershire - I wonder if you're talking about some of my relatives! ;-)

• Like 1

My mum's originally from Worcestershire - I wonder if you're talking about some of my relatives! ;-)

Quite possibly. When we moved in it took me a while to realise how complex the relationships were amongst the established families. You can't talk about anyone to anyone because ten minutes later you'll realise they are second cousins.

Jill's moving in with David and Ruth!

So the green eyed working single mother of two now seems rather jealous of this fact. Seems to me Jill should hire herself out to her children and not have a permanent home, just go troubleshooting from one to the other, maybe they would all be happy then. Let's hope Jill gets a happy ever after with David and Ruth, she deserves to.

Edited by Panders