Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Story Stones

Have just spent a very enjoyable afternoon making some story stones, and just wondered if anyone else has used them? Am hoping to help inspire reluctant writers with them :-)attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I have just had a look at your story stones and they look great. Did you use acrylic paint? I have not used them myself but you have inspired me to have a go.

• Like 2

Thanks, I saw some on Pinterest and then googled them. Online you can buy them but they are about £25!!!!

I just used my son's ready mixed paint and then varnished them. Need to go for another walk on the beach to get some more stones

:-)

• Like 1

Thanks, I saw some on Pinterest and then googled them. Online you can buy them but they are about £25!!!!

I just used my son's ready mixed paint and then varnished them. Need to go for another walk on the beach to get some more stones

:-)

have i not warned everyone about pinterest! :o:o:o

They are lovely :wub:

I have used rory's story cubes before for creating stories but we scribe them for our little ones. we used them to create group stories too but i like yours better :1b

• Like 3

Have just spent a very enjoyable afternoon making some story stones, and just wondered if anyone else has used them? Am hoping to help inspire reluctant writers with them :-)attachicon.gifimage.jpg

wow i love these I have a couple of children at pre school who would love to use this type of thing to tell their own story.

They're lovely :)

I have them on my 'to do list' ...... But I was going to cut pictures from magazines to put on them.

We used photocopies of the children's faces and stuck them on stones after soaking them in watery pva to soften them up, when dry we vanished them again with pva, these made great paper weights for Father's Day years ago - so your idea of magazines would work really well

• Like 3

I would love to know more about how to use them - they look and sound great!

I would love to know more about how to use them - they look and sound great!

I'm planning to start using them in small group work. Putting them in a feely bag and getting children to pull one out and then describe it. I want to build up to them putting several of them together to tell a story and hopefully want to try to record it.

I'm planning to start using them in small group work. Putting them in a feely bag and getting children to pull one out and then describe it. I want to build up to them putting several of them together to tell a story and hopefully want to try to record it.

Such a great idea! Thank you SO much broadlea.

we also have a story cupboard (after doing the suitcase full of stories training) It is a small cupboard full of little drawers...they each have an item in it (any tat will do!....ohps sorry ...delightful item!!) they can make up a story about 1 item or put them together to create a story. The little ones just like to describe them.

• Like 1

Oooh I do LOVE your story stones too! What a fab resource and one which would fit into our current 'favourite stories' topic. I have used a similar idea at Forest School where the children can make their own story stones or twigs using blu tack (what would we do without this??!!) and googly eyes - children found their own characters (fir cones, sticks, stones, hazel shells etc. etc.) and then embellished them as only children know how to do and created their own characters which worked wonderfully for story times and were then taken back to Nursery and used in the sand pit and builders tray. Definitely going to try your idea though.......thanks!

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)