sunnyday

I must not spend so much time on this forum

Just trying to change my behaviour - Gove style......... :ph34r:

• Like 10

Its a sunnyday (well it is here anyway), so go outside and admire your garden........now!

Admire and garden should not appear in the same sentence mundia - waterlogged and garden much more suitable.........now I really think that you should go and pick up some litter!

Planning for me I'm afraid as I took yesterday off - was just too burnt out to do anything anyway and it felt like a more constructive thing to decide not to work. However, in my tightly organised schedule for today I am now about to make some macaroons - I've never made them before. Planning on doing some raspberry, some lime and some vanilla and trying out the new, very pretty, food colourings I got for Christmas!

By the end of this day I aim to have restored order to my home which may not sound very exciting but will work wonders for the week ahead and after last week's not great week I could do with this one being as calm as possible! ;)

• Like 2

Aha sunnyday, even waterlogged can be surprisingly interesting. As our water levels are dropping (and rising again) you'd be surprised at what I'm finding in the garden that I didn't own before!!!

My webbed feet are being well used...

• Like 2

I can safely say that the macaroons didn't work. Look good, taste good but I do need to scrape them off the baking paper with a spoon then dip them in the butter cream! Further experimentation required methinks... (maybe not today though!)

Macaroons make grown men weep at the thought of making them! A very tricky little thing to make so good luck with those.

anyone else chitting potatoes at the moment?

Just about to make some of that basil seed stuff never did get around to it before Christmas

Ps the Gove is a real a@&se!

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

Macaroons make grown men weep at the thought of making them! A very tricky little thing to make so good luck with those.

Just about to make some of that basil seed stuff never did get around to it before Christmas

But Panders they look so easy on Bake Off! I'm never going to be able to enter if I can't make a macaroon ;)xD Really was just a good excuse to play with food colouring which has only dyed my finger nails so far! Am going to try making purple playdough tomorrow!

basil seed stuff fab if made fresh. i had fun with my 21 year old daughter making it, which the children would love - well we're quite childish, so if we loved it .......!! putting seeds in cornflour and mixing with hands felt so weird..... made sat but on mon it was really hard. did soften but fresh much better. what a fab idea. we said it was alien slime and used bright green as recommended in post.

maybe we could do some litter picking as our punishment for going on the forum too much - referencing our dear old mr gove again - well he is my icon :mellow: :blink: ;) :angry:

basil seed stuff fab if made fresh. i had fun with my 21 year old daughter making it, which the children would love - well we're quite childish, so if we loved it .......!! putting seeds in cornflour and mixing with hands felt so weird..... made sat but on mon it was really hard. did soften but fresh much better. what a fab idea. we said it was alien slime and used bright green as recommended in post.

maybe we could do some litter picking as our punishment for going on the forum too much - referencing our dear old mr gove again - well he is my icon :mellow: :blink: ;) :angry:

Eek, didn't think it wouldn't keep! Oh well it's in an airtight container now - and have put ingredients for another batch in the pre school bag

Think that was Cait - I must give that a go myself

Yes, t'was I. Ours kept well for a few days, we added more water as it dried by wetting our hands before playing with it. Quite good for experimenting really. Mrs O was tickled pink!

• Like 1

I haven't got that far yet, Im in the middle of giving my greenhouse a complete overhaul (well, clean!). Its gets lots of moss in the windows, so most of the contents are currently on the patio, above water levels! Im aware that potatoes will happily chit whilst they are still in the shops....

But Panders they look so easy on Bake Off! I'm never going to be able to enter if I can't make a macaroon ;)xD Really was just a good excuse to play with food colouring which has only dyed my finger nails so far! Am going to try making purple playdough tomorrow!

I just want to say the purple playdough was a big hit! I also added some blue and silver glitter. What was funny was that I'd done it partly to try and entice some of my girls to the playdough which is dominated by boys. It wasn't an exercise in deterring the boys just engaging the girls based on what I know of them. What made me smile was that it did attract a different group of children - they were just a different set of boys! They did love it though and I saw some of the best quality playdough play I've had in my room for ages!

• Like 2