Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Grrrrrrrr

lashes2508

Don't think we can afford to suspend on full pay , we have law call to ring on Monday morning for advice . Have checked out acas sight already and can only hope the meeting on Monday goes ahead with all of us as Rea advised . I shall be writing up my concerns and targets and objectives for going forward and hope she resigns. I won't be beaten and I certainly won' t allow someone like this to undermine my team or myself or the setting. She is fully aware of the greivance policy and yet has not adhered to the procedure , oh well keep your friends close and your enemies closer , something to be said of getting older and wiser . Thanks for your continued support xxx

• Like 2

Am close to tears right now , not sure if it's the wine , the hormones or getting back and reading the support from you guys xxx

Hormones! Pesky little buggers had me crying to the kettle boiling last week. Let it out, get a piece of paper and write down what you'd really like to say to her. Any spelling help and I'm your gal, nothing over 4 letters though ;)

• Like 2

Lashes - I went through a similar situation; my LA support wasn't particularly great, good at listening useless at giving advice what to do - Lawcall weren't particularly helpful either

I'd looked at ACAS website early in our 'situation' but thought they looked 'too professional' and what would they know about committee run problems with staffing BUT in the end things got so bad I decided to give them a call - they were BRILLIANT! Afterwards I did think to myself that they probably get loads of calls from committee led settings!!

• Like 4

I phoned acas on sat morning and they were very helpful , I have barely slept worrying about the situation and that she is due back to work on thurs as she was given authorisation to take Monday off by chair. I have sadly had to make my feelings clear that as a separate issue the aggressive threatening and erratic behaviour she displayed , I will not work alongside or take the risk from a safeguarding view of someone working in the setting with children and staff. If she comes back I will not be there and will report instantly to necessary authorities. The others issues can be dealt with via the grievance policy but this incident must be dealt with immediately.

• Like 1

Just wanted to add how I've been following this too. I feel for you, and although I've not had quite this situation myself, I have had various disputes to have to deal with over the years, one particularly nasty one and I know how draining and upsetting it can be.

Please keep strong, remain the professional that you are and (as you said yourself ) do not allow yourself to beaten. :)

• Like 1

Hi eyfs1966 thank you , an investigation is going ahead with all evidence and witness statements taken with suspension. I just hope it is all over soon. My colleagues have been so supportive as have the committee on understanding my decision as a professional allow someone displaying aggressive and erratic behaviour in the setting. Fingers crossed I will be able to update tomorrow.

They think it's all over ...... It is now ! Thank goodness, preparations were in place , procedures followed and she did not turn up for work or meeting. I was feeling very nervous yesterday , no communication from staff member to anyone to inform of her absence. Law call gave sound advice and we hope that is the last of it now. The committee have done everything by the book and she is owed nothing , we are only owed uniform etc back . Had staff meeting today and it seems everyone is happy we have got through it and grateful it's half term. I have a feeling she may make a call to you know who but not worried as everything is sound , did wonder whether I should get in first though. Thanks again everyone for your comments, advice, virtual hugs, support and sharing your experiences , it has been really appreciated, I feel like I have been through the wringer but hopefully no permanent creasing ! Xxx

• Like 6

Guest sn0wdr0p

I have just picked up on this thread and really feel for you. Staffing problems can be one of the worst parts of the job and having someone to stand shoulder to shoulder to you can make such a difference and it appears that you have that with your committee. Hopefully it is all over now so try not to dwell on it or replay things over and over in your head (my problem). Put work aside and enjoy your weekend.

I think many of us have faced the same issue of staff leaving then maliciously contacting Ofsted so I am pleased to hear that you have prepared for it both emotionally and with your paperwork. I had an ex staff member leave under strained circumstances in November who also owes me money and surprise surprise she made up 4 malicious concerns but fortunately I was prepared and when Ofsted contacted me I was not surprised or as upset as I would have been otherwise. I phoned Ofsted immediately and explained that I thought this was malicious - fortunately I had been inspected just a few week before so they did not come again - and hopefully if she tries again they will again realise this.

Moving on is so hard but be positive about this because you can now replace her with someone much better. I own a very small setting and had an underperforming member of staff who did little paperwork or planning and had a lot of family problems which she was always stressing about and having to take time off. I really sympathised and supported her but it put massive strain on me to support and cover her. Luckily she realised that something had to give and left at Christmas. What a difference these two people leaving has made to the setting and all the staff are much more driven, enthusiastic and happier and I have been able to recruit a super experienced second deputy manager with their wages.

Look forwards not backwards and enjoy life without her.