Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding...... Settling in missed head count date!

Hi looking for some guidance in whether we can claim or not... A child was due to start in January before head count date but due to changing settling in sessions including increasing the amount to ensure the child had fully settled before their start date as a result of this the child does not start with us until the end of this week and head count date was 16/01/2014 does this mean we are now un able to claim for the child this funding block? Even though they were registered with us before head count date?

Many thanks x

so if you had a child start mid term ( after the headcount date ) you couldnt claim ? - we can in my area we have children starting in dribs and drabs -we complete an adjustments form 'children increasing /starting provision'.

check with your funding dept tho

Edited by fimbo

Hi looking for some guidance in whether we can claim or not... A child was due to start in January before head count date but due to changing settling in sessions including increasing the amount to ensure the child had fully settled before their start date as a result of this the child does not start with us until the end of this week and head count date was 16/01/2014 does this mean we are now un able to claim for the child this funding block? Even though they were registered with us before head count date?

Many thanks x

Similar situation myself last term. They said if the child had never claimed in our county before they would be able to do the funding, and they did quite painless, they sent me a form which parent had to sign and coughed up!

• Like 1

so if you had a child start mid term ( after the headcount date ) you couldnt claim ? - we can in my area we have children starting in dribs and drabs -we complete an adjustments form 'children increasing /starting provision'.

check with your funding dept tho

Our LA has just started doing this for this term. Until now, if you missed the headcount day, you had to wait until the following term.

Edited by Stargrower