Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Humming loudly

skippy

Ive just had a little one at the setting who does this all the time but he has sen needs.....without knowing more about your chap i think it would be difficult to advise. How's his speech and pse skills? will he listen to you (hearing???) there could be so many reasons for it...does he do it at home?

I've seen it in children on the Autistic spectrum too. But of course that doesn't mean anything without any other kind of characteristics or other concerns. I too would ask parents if they are concerned, ask if he's had a hearing test and look at his language and social skills.

• 2 weeks later...

child_monitoring_tool-2.pdfAs others have said, I've seen this in children on the Autism Spectrum who I think were trying to block out the nosie around them but please don't jump to conclusions. Have you got any concerns about his development? Maybe complete an ECAT profile just to check, I'll try to attach one. Does he stop humming when you or another child talks to him?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)