Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Strictly bonkers

Panders

I don't mind really, as long as Suzannah doesn't win. She hasn't got anywhere close to the standard of the others, and it surprises me that she's still there. Lovely woman, but just in a different league I think. I've enjoyed watching Sophie but I don't think she will win. Abby has been a surprise and seems to genuinely have improved, whereas Natalie seems to have stayed at the same sort of level. Have you a favourite?

• Like 1

Guest sn0wdr0p

Abby. Yes shame on me to pre-judge but I thought she would be a WAG. She has really improved and is my favourite. Susannah is a great presenter and I watch her every morning and admire her progress in strictly but Abby is way ahead of her.

yes i agree Abby really ought to win. Susannah has a great personality and it has been obvious for a few weeks that she has very strong public support, I think that is one reason why they were put out first in the swingathon last week i simply don't believe that the voting numbers are kept a secret from anyone involved on the show.Natalie is very good but the public are not behind her and she needed the extra help the judges could give that night.

Abby has worked hard and made the most progress having come from no dance experience whatsoever, whereas Natalie although very young, has had dance training. This has been a very enjoyable series and I will be sad when it comes to an end again. But, Bruce - please give it up now!

• Like 2

I've been an X Factor girl for ever, but it was SO dull this year I can see myself going over to the other side!! :D

Come over to the dark side Stargrower you won't be disappointed I even watch the companion programme on BBC2 each week night while cooking dinner I enjoy that more than the show sometimes.

• Like 2

I would like Natalie to win but I do think Abbey is an amazing dancer. I agree that Bruce should give it up as he seems to get more embarrasing every week. Would love to see Claudia do the main show as I think she is just so funny. Will not see the final on Saturday as we have my husbands works meal!! Gutted, I would rather be curled up on the couch with strictly and a hot chocolate!!

• Like 1

I am just loving this series and there are so many good dancers it is very difficult to choose a winner. I liked Sophie at the outset but she lacks character in some of the dances. Natalie's Argentine Tango in the dance off was breathtaking, and stole the whole series for me. However Natalie is my front runner. She has improved from week to week and is light on her feet and delight to watch. I would be very cross if Susannah won as that wouldn't be anything to do with her dancing skills, just her popularity.

Keep off Brucie you lot I just love him, dreadful jokes and everything! (Must be my age)

Not saying I don't like him at all, if a bit cringing at times, but Tess can be worse - I just mean I'm terrified that he is going to collapse on screen. Is there a time delay with the broadcast? We know it's not all completely live and some bits are pre-recorded as you see the professionals in the pro dances seconds before a dance off or whatever.

I am just loving this series and there are so many good dancers it is very difficult to choose a winner. I liked Sophie at the outset but she lacks character in some of the dances. Natalie's Argentine Tango in the dance off was breathtaking, and stole the whole series for me. However Natalie is my front runner. She has improved from week to week and is light on her feet and delight to watch. I would be very cross if Susannah won as that wouldn't be anything to do with her dancing skills, just her popularity.

Keep off Brucie you lot I just love him, dreadful jokes and everything! (Must be my age)

To be honest it's not the cheesy gags, it's the fact that he appears to be reading the autocue as if he has never seen the joke before - that he barely understands it himself sometimes. We are all used to a sharper slicker Bruce from previous shows he has done not just SCD I think it's a shame seeing his decline as he has always prided himself on his ability to work live tv audiences.

• Like 1

Not saying I don't like him at all, if a bit cringing at times, but Tess can be worse - I just mean I'm terrified that he is going to collapse on screen. Is there a time delay with the broadcast? We know it's not all completely live and some bits are pre-recorded as you see the professionals in the pro dances seconds before a dance off or whatever.

Yes I fear the same Cait - just like Tommy Cooper and almost Eric Morecombe, one live on stage and the other having just come off.

• Like 1

I've been an X Factor girl for ever, but it was SO dull this year I can see myself going over to the other side!! :D

Oooh - I 'do' both - I also record both :D I record X Factor so that I can whizz through the ads and Sharon Osborne :ph34r: and I record Strictly so that I can whizz through Bruce and Bruno - poor Bruce it's time to go and Bruno is just too loud and enthusiastic for me :ph34r:

I can't really take to Abby - have tried ......so I think it's Natalie for me (mind I can't forgive her for the way she treated Tyrone :ph34r: )

xDxDxD

• Like 4

Yes I suppose you are right. I do doubt that he will be used next year. It would be very distressing if something untoward did happen to him on screen. He'd be doing what he loves, but for everyone else else it would be dreadful.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well believe it or not I managed to fly out of the UK on December 20th and finally got around to watching the final on Sunday 29th December and all that time I didn't find out who won....I resisted looking at any uk papers and avoided all news websites on the few occasions I had wifi

And I was chuffed with the result cos I wanted Abby to win almost from week one.

Did you all enjoy the final (well apart form those of us that don't like the Brucie bits)

Ho, hum.....only 10 months to wait for it to start again :D:PxD

• Like 1

Yes enjoyed the final and very happy with result. Have begun watching ice skating now which I haven't for ages but as it's the last and they have past winners doing it for the ultimate dancing on ice winner thought I would give it a go

Well enjoy that....not for me really, watched the first series but never really got that excited.

Have you watched Splash?.....possibly one of the worse of the many awful programmes on the telly at the moment but I find it weirdly watchable....well the actual training and diving, I do of course forward wind through all the mind numbing preamble and chatting nonsense....whole thing gets watched in about 25 mins xD :lol: :P :P

• Like 1