Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Windy day 'syndrome'!

sunnyday

Goodness me - we have had a really 'difficult' morning..........we needed to get in some UN Peace keepers! :oxD

I completely blame the weather - it is blowing an absolute 'hoolie' here.......

Anyone else notice this within their settings - I'm sure I could write a 'paper' on this and earn a fortune - not! ;)xD

Hope it dies down before tomorrows session - Fridays are always a bit 'tricky' at the best of times :ph34r:

• Like 2

We have had wind fever here as well but luckily our tricky day is tuesdays so not too unmanageable. The most fun was had when the plastic covered framed greenhaouse decided to destroy itself and I suddenly had 6 children with screwdrivers helping me take it apart. That calmed things down for a while

We remarked on this yesterdy, and kept saying it must be the weather!! One of my little ones was being a hibernating squirrel in a sleeping bag in the outside den today, how he thought he would get any rest with the wind whipping the tarp up every second, I really do not know. :1b

• Like 3

We remarked on this yesterdy, and kept saying it must be the weather!! One of my little ones was being a hibernating squirrel in a sleeping bag in the outside den today, how he thought he would get any rest with the wind whipping the tarp up every second, I really do not know. :1b

I wonder how many I can get to be 'hibernating squirrels' tomorrow? :P sounds like a plan..today children we will all hibernate all day long ;):P:D

• Like 1

Windy days always seem to be 'wild'!

We've had the parachute out, but nearly lost the children when a gust tried to blow it away.....WILD eh!!!!

Spiral :-0

Yup, windy day fever here too. I always have parents who comment when it's rainy but oddly rainy days are rarely a problem. Mine are very into being dogs and cats at the moment so there was even more very loud barking and scurrying round the floor than usual!

• Like 2

Windy days always seem to be 'wild'!

We've had the parachute out, but nearly lost the children when a gust tried to blow it away.....WILD eh!!!!

Spiral :-0

You'll have to try harder to loose them next time Spiral :P;):o

Edited by Johanna1
  • Like 1

Windy here too - children not too bad though - definitely worth a punt writing that paper Sunnyday - when I had my beloved but v. stupid Airedale he too would be a bit wild once the wind started blowing around his ears.

Maybe ear muffs is the solution for wind wild children :D

• Like 2

Windy here too - children not too bad though - definitely worth a punt writing that paper Sunnyday - when I had my beloved but v. stupid Airedale he too would be a bit wild once the wind started blowing around his ears.

Maybe ear muffs is the solution for wind wild children :D

SueJ I love Airedales and too have a loved but stupid one here, keep telling him he is supposed to be intelligent and the king of the terriers but not getting through when wind, thunder, fireworks and anything else for him to be a stupid over is all happening. In fact the other day he got concerned because the rain was too heavy!!!!! :o love love love Airedales though had them all my life pretty much :D

• Like 1

Just a suggestion. I did the parable of the Lost Sheep today in my RE lesson. We went outside to act the story with me being the Shepherd with a class of 'baaing' sheep. I primed one of my year ones to be the sheep that didn't come home and had to be found. The others loved it so much that I had lots of requests to "do it again but can I be the lost sheep?" I'm thinking the 'Shepherd' could just have an attack of forgetfulness and inadvertently neglect to find the lost sheep. ;):ph34r:

• Like 4

It was completely crazy at our setting today too! They were so loud and full of energy and a lot of them pretending to be dogs and crawling round the floor barking! We also had some 2y olds pretending to be monkeys (we have a role play jungle) and trying to climb on everything in sight!

• Like 1

I remember many, many years ago having a family day out at Winnat's pass in the peaks. It was a windy day anyway and the pass channels it even more. One of my brothers was holding my mum's hand and the wind was flying him like a kite. He had to be held by 2 people at a time or we'd have lost him!

• Like 3