Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ofsted call back

We had our ofsted inspection on monday and this afternoon I had a call back from the inspector, checking that I was happy with the outcome now I had had time to think about it, she clarified a few things and then we had a lovely chat about children and child care in general. Is this usual? if not, well I think I was very lucky as it was nice to be able to chat with her more informally now that the inpsection was out of the way. By the way she was very interested in Tapestry and asked lots more questions about the analysis side of it as well as what other enhancements were on the way. Lots of love for Ofsted this week, don't very often get the chance to say that.

Guest colechin

Glad to hear you had positive comments about Ofsted. It's been nearly 4 years since our inspection, so waiting for the knock on the door. Did they ask you to do a joint observation? I need to start observing the staff this term, so will have to type up a prompter sheet for myself.

I also, just realised yesterday that I haven't even started my SEF for this academic year or typed up my long term plan.

I also have a child who suffers from epilepsy, so need to put a risk assessment in place. I have never done this so now looking for examples.

You never seem to be up to date with paper work! or is it just me?

Not happened to me either but as Chair I went into playgroup knowing O had arrived and sat chatting for an hour. Lovely lady used to work in a pack away playgroup. Wish we could have the same again.

Glad you've had a positive experience :)

We had a very pleasant and enthusiastic inspector who I spoke to over the phone after the inspection
- she had looked into her recommendation and wanted to tell me about it. She allowed much time for
the feedback at the end of her visit. I felt listened to and reassured about my concerns about all the
improvements I hadn't yet been able to implement! In fact, I have only had positive experiences of
Ofsted over my 11 years of working with children, including a complaints visit (malicious complaint).
So why am I so stressed about the next inspection, and have been for the past year?! Possibly because
I still haven't implemented all the improvements I want to make...

• Like 2

Not happened to me either but as Chair I went into playgroup knowing O had arrived and sat chatting for an hour. Lovely lady used to work in a pack away playgroup. Wish we could have the same again.

Glad you've had a positive experience :)

I had exactly the same thing happen with me Rea, could've been the same inspector as she was from the Midlands :1b

Unfortunately I don't think she's still with Ofsted anymore

Just out of interest when was your last inspection Wildflowers.:)

Hi Colechin we did take part in joint observations of two children chosen by the Inspector.

Definitely the risk assessment as a priority for your little one with Epilepsy.

If you haven't done a SEF just make sure you have or can show other ways you evaluate your provision, like an Action Plan with timescales and whom is to implement them.

We were inspected two weeks after the introduction of the Revised EYFS September 2012 and we certainly didn't have everything in place.

Good luck when they do come a knocking it really wasn't so bad.:)

Glad to hear you had positive comments about Ofsted. It's been nearly 4 years since our inspection, so waiting for the knock on the door. Did they ask you to do a joint observation? I need to start observing the staff this term, so will have to type up a prompter sheet for myself.

I also, just realised yesterday that I haven't even started my SEF for this academic year or typed up my long term plan.

I also have a child who suffers from epilepsy, so need to put a risk assessment in place. I have never done this so now looking for examples.

You never seem to be up to date with paper work! or is it just me?

We did 2 joint obs but it was just an informal watching type and then the inspector and I decided which one we would discuss. Very lowkey and un stressful. I haven't done a SEF but was able to show reflection and some action plans devised from that reflection/evaluation. I don't have a long term plan and wasn't asked about one, she was more interested in the day to day spontaneous activities and how we planned from current interests. I would say that you definetly need a risk assessment and probably a care plan for your epileptic child though

I have to say our inspector was amazing she was really sympathetic to our situation (we were being made redundant) we got OUTSTANDING it was a very positive experience

Did you spot Ruskana's great article about joint observations here