Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Apple ios7

Possum

Well, my iPad has updated this morning - took quite a while too! Have to say I'm not liking what I see so far - everything seems to have gone flat! I'm used to things looking very 3D on here nowadays, and it's pale and boring now! Even the side sweep to delete emails from the list has gone and worst of all, the 'delete' bin is now called 'trash'! Very upset this morning. ?

I am sitting on the fence currently....I am very good at balancing xD :lol: xD :lol:

I don't like the appearance as much but I guess I will get over that in time

I am not experiencing any issues with any of my apps thus far so that's good

The one thing I definitely don't like is in the calenders I have lost my list view where it just listed the dates with all appointments on each day under it :(

So I will potter along and see what else I discover but if anyone knows how to calender the calender view to a list then let me know please :1b

I am sitting on the fence currently....I am very good at balancing xD :lol: xD :lol:

I don't like the appearance as much but I guess I will get over that in time

I am not experiencing any issues with any of my apps thus far so that's good

The one thing I definitely don't like is in the calenders I have lost my list view where it just listed the dates with all appointments on each day under it :(

So I will potter along and see what else I discover but if anyone knows how to calender the calender view to a list then let me know please :1b

Calendars are now in the notification centre. Scroll down from the top of the screen and then swipe left to right to view the 'Today' section of notification and it then shows upcoming appointments.

Other features:

Your phone is now permanently joined to your apple ID, so if it is stolen it cannot be used by anyone unless the know your apple ID and password. Even if they reset it the phone cannot be re-registered without your apple ID.

Photos are now organised as moments, making it easier to find photos quickly without scrolling through reams of photos. To do this click on Photos rather than Albums when you open the Photos app.

Swipe up for mission control to access Bluetooth, wifi, airplane mode, rotation lock, torch, calculator and camera quickly. This works when you are in an app or from the lock screen.

When you have read an email swipe left to right to go back to your inbox.

When viewing your inbox swipe right to left to trash or see other options to manage your inbox.

To close an app double click the home button then scroll left or right to view open apps. Swipe an app up to close it down.

Improvements to Siri (although people are still quite shy talking to machines in public) but great for cars that will feature eyes free.

Airdrop.

Wallpapers can now be dynamic (they move). However, iPhone 5, 5s and 5c and some ipads have a parallax view which makes the background move as the phone is moved on its axis to make it look 3D, like the front cover of some DVD and Blu-ray film boxes. However, this means your wallpaper image will no longer zoom out when you try to set it on your screen. To overcome this, and stop the iPhone using resources to do this, you can turn this off by going in to 'Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Reduce Motion' and switch this on. Now when you set wallpapers it will allow you to set them properly and they fit the screen correctly.

Things worth turning off:

Ad Tracking - shows you adverts for things near you. To turn off go to 'Settings -> General -> Privacy -> Advertising' then slide the switch left to right so it is green.

Location Services. This is under 'Settings -> General, Privacy -> Location Services'. Turn off all the apps that do not need to know where you are. Generally, only maps and compass need this information, unless you like your camera to know where you were when you took a picture.

If you scroll down under location services you will find 'System Services'. In here are a range of other options that want to know where you are and/or collect data about your phone to send to apple 'Anonymously'. Unless you particularly enjoy getting targeted adverts or sharing information anonymously with apple then these can all be switched off as well. Having them on means they are running in the background, slowing down your device and using battery power.

Very helpful Maz have you got a new job?

hmm. Are you trying to tell me that my top lip needs a bit of a waxing? :P

Thanks Ben - brilliant advice. Some I was aware of, some I wasn't. You're a superstar!

some other things I have found:

Swipe notifications up from your lock screen to get rid of them.

In messages, swipe right to left to see a date and time stamps for messages.

Within some apps, and within settings, swipe left to right to go back to the level above, or back to the previous screen/page (such as in safari)

You can force quit more than one app at a time by swiping it away with 2 or more fingers.