Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Pinch and a Punch!

sunnyday

It is a beautiful morning isn't it :1b

I have been out in my garden and gathered together a little tray of 'goodies' for Mr S to take down to his mum when he visits today - what a good daughter-in-law I am! :rolleyes:

Not sure what we are doing today - hmmm - expect there will be some gardening interspersed with lots of tea drinking! :1b

So has anyone got any 'New Year Resolutions' (new school year obviously - I haven't rushed on and bypassed the unmentionable c word and gone straight to January :o :blink: xD )

So here's mine - I am going to be positive, positive, positive - I am going to take all of the little 'niggling' worries that I have about this school year and put a positive spin on them :1b you see that's a very good start I didn't use the word 'try' at all - very positive statement - well done me! ;):D

• Like 2

So far I've mostly just pootled around but I've made some lovely savoury scones (I know they're lovely because I just had one for elevenses ;) ).

Like you Sunnyday I have several niggling worries about the coming year and want to be positive about them - finding solutions with a smile! ;):D Staying calm too!

On a more practical level I want to be better at tidying 'my' space in the classroom properly, every day without fail. I insist the children tidy up properly and they did so brilliantly last year - at lunchtime and the end of the day the only places which let the room down were those I was responsible for! :huh: It makes such a difference to the way the space feels.

• Like 1

I love September.. particularly when weather is like this...

so far it is gardening today.. 2 new raised beds built, pots moved around, location for cherry tree picked, but not for filling until next year now.

veggies all picked for dinner, runner beans have taken off this year and still battling the bees whenever I go to pick them.. Tomatoes are now in full swing.. raspberries are still producing a small crop.. first year of picking them this year, have a variety of canes that crop most of the summer..

later.. a walk along the seafront, tea on the pier and packed lunch for hubby who starts a new job tomorrow..long story but it has been a roller coaster few months here..

Oh and 99 days until we go on holiday.. did I say Christmas on the beach and we will slip a shrimp on the barbie for dinner. .sorry had to say the C word.. .

post-3735-0-59277000-1378032370_thumb.jpg

Edited by Inge
  • Like 3

All sounds great Inge :) I will overlook the use of the C word in celebration of such a positive post! :D

We have beans, carrots from the garden........we 'unearthed' our first leek today - they need a couple more weeks methinks!

(my 'smileys' are not working)....

• Like 1

I love September.. particularly when weather is like this...

so far it is gardening today.. 2 new raised beds built, pots moved around, location for cherry tree picked, but not for filling until next year now.

veggies all picked for dinner, runner beans have taken off this year and still battling the bees whenever I go to pick them.. Tomatoes are now in full swing.. raspberries are still producing a small crop.. first year of picking them this year, have a variety of canes that crop most of the summer..

later.. a walk along the seafront, tea on the pier and packed lunch for hubby who starts a new job tomorrow..long story but it has been a roller coaster few months here..

Oh and 99 days until we go on holiday.. did I say Christmas on the beach and we will slip a shrimp on the barbie for dinner. .sorry had to say the C word.. .

Wow.......... Easter Bunnies already!!! xDxDxD :lol: xD

• Like 1