Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cover Staff

Hi

Due to there only being 2 of us (qualified) at my setting and an unqualified parent helper, if one of us is ill or on a course, we have to close the setting.

Does anyone know of any companies that offer cover staff at short notice to sessional pre-schools?

I understand they are highly priced! but have no other option.

I have advertised for bank staff and get replies but they then change their minds when reminded that it is only on an as and when basis.

We are in a very small village in Coalville, Leicestershire.

I was advised to ask other settings and I have tried contacting them but they don't want anything to do with us!

hi

we have used agency before to cover staff when on course but we have had to book them in advance - i am not sure there is anywhere that you could phone up on the day to get cover,most of these agencies start at nine so would be too late.

can you ask your development worker for ideas?

would the parent helper consider undertaking training?

not sure what else to say really - just to say agency staff we had were pretty useless but made the ratios right which was only positive and cost about ten pds an hour and that was several years ago.

good luck, let us know how you go. x

• Like 1

Hi

Due to there only being 2 of us (qualified) at my setting and an unqualified parent helper, if one of us is ill or on a course, we have to close the setting.

Does anyone know of any companies that offer cover staff at short notice to sessional pre-schools?

I understand they are highly priced! but have no other option.

I have advertised for bank staff and get replies but they then change their minds when reminded that it is only on an as and when basis.

We are in a very small village in Coalville, Leicestershire.

I was advised to ask other settings and I have tried contacting them but they don't want anything to do with us!

Just wondering if there was anyway of contacting "retired" people like ourselves. To be fair, as and when I retire, I would miss the group very much and would be happy to help out a local group as and when, no real paperwork, no key person, just playing and helping out - would love that. Just need to think how you could find someone - suppose you could put a postcard ad in your local newsagents, church group or doctors surgery for a "Grannyfriday"!

• Like 2

Just wondering if there was anyway of contacting "retired" people like ourselves. To be fair, as and when I retire, I would miss the group very much and would be happy to help out a local group as and when, no real paperwork, no key person, just playing and helping out - would love that. Just need to think how you could find someone - suppose you could put a postcard ad in your local newsagents, church group or doctors surgery for a "Grannyfriday"!

Panders - think you might have hit on something there! :1b

When I retire i will feel just the same and would definitely be willing to do a bit of 'cover' - i wouldn't however want to go through any sort of 'agency'.

'Grannyfriday'! - Love it :D

• Like 1