Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

To do or not to do?

ah sorry ...the only way is essex ...a tv programme. Not in my opinion appropriate for a 3 year old...but is this just me being old fashioned...and is it my problem if the parents allow it?

Has child learnt the comments from parents repeating rather than watching?

I'd speak to parents - I wouldn't be happy with a 3yr old in my setting speaking in that way.

Has child learnt the comments from parents repeating rather than watching?

I'd speak to parents - I wouldn't be happy with a 3yr old in my setting speaking in that way.

i dont think so...she was telling me the plot of one of the recent episodes! :huh: just wondering really if it's in my jurisdiction...or wether the parent is just going to tell me to shove off :blink:

I've not watched it but it's rated 15 if you look at the DVD's on Amazon. However, we've had conversations about appropriate viewing before and it seems to be one of those cases where not a lot can be done other than air your concerns and hope that the parents act responsibly.

Guest Spiral

One of ours was happily watching Family Guy!! His mum sees nothing wrong with it :huh: Good luck with it

Spiral x

:( This makes me so sad........have experienced similar in the past - I've never watched it myself but if Beau says it's rated 15 then it's certainly not suitable viewing........wonder what time of day she is watching - it must be on late??? Could be, I suppose, that family are watching on SKY Playback or something similar.......

Think that I would have to have a 'quiet word'..........

Good luck! :1b

Summer hols are coming soon!!! :rolleyes:

Who remembers Fr Ted? Not a program that I watched after the first one but my husband was an avid fan, so it was regularly on (at night in our house) Well we used to have a little boy at work who was obviously watching it. I could never get over that- the language alone would put me off ..and we are (predominately Irish) a Catholic group!!

I cannot understand some people. TOWIE is most definitely not suitable viewing (on at 10 pm ) either

ok...had a word with Mum ...seems most of it has been picked up from listening to Mum rather than watching it. Told her that i didn't really think it was suitable viewing, especially the language and if she repeated here then that would cause a big problem (Great minds Beehive!!) Mum agreed and said she would try not to discuss in earshot again! so PHEW all ok....thank you all :1b :1b :1b

• Like 3

If it's any consolation I had to taken a parent to task a while back for letting her 3 year old watch Braveheart on DVD for his breakfast time viewing - so not suitable on so many levels!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)