Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children on plans

Hi skippy

Not sure if I'm on the right track here - do you mean how to show which children an area/resource/activity has been planned for? if so - I just use initials (I colour code them too for each key group) i.e. something along the lines of:

Threading - planned primarily for OS, TM, VR, DM, SY

is that what you meant - or have I completely missed the point? :blink: :1b

• Like 1

Hi skippy

Not sure if I'm on the right track here - do you mean how to show which children an area/resource/activity has been planned for? if so - I just use initials (I colour code them too for each key group) i.e. something along the lines of:

Threading - planned primarily for OS, TM, VR, DM, SY

is that what you meant - or have I completely missed the point? :blink: :1b

This is exactly what I do, too :)

• Like 2

We do it so that each key person adds a focus child and a next step/interest activity to plan, and how /when/where this will happen then all othe KP's add names of any of their other key group they feel would benifit from same next step or particularly enjoy a planned activity, we cover quite a few children each week on the planning that way, sometimes it may even say whole year group, for example one kp added number recognition for a focus child last week we wanted to confirm where they all were regards number recognition in prep for transition information.

• Like 2

We do it so that each key person adds a focus child and a next step/interest activity to plan, and how /when/where this will happen then all othe KP's add names of any of their other key group they feel would benifit from same next step or particularly enjoy a planned activity, we cover quite a few children each week on the planning that way, sometimes it may even say whole year group, for example one kp added number recognition for a focus child last week we wanted to confirm where they all were regards number recognition in prep for transition information.

Yes, think that's what skippy was after - I have a 'Saturday morning' brain!!! (Not that it's much better Mon. - Fri.)! :ph34r: :blink: xDxDxD

• Like 2

same as mouse. then we just keep an eye out to check all children get at least one activity specifically planned in for them when they are the child of the week to focus on,and based on next steps, and on another if relevant, to make sure fair for all. we have 33, so easy to miss if not careful. we also plan in an activity based on what parents say their current interests are when it's their child for focus child x

Guest gabysagal

similar to above. We highlight with colour focus children's needs and/or interests from previous week and add that onto the planning for the following week.

Here is a copy of one week's plans for inside child initiated activities. They are very basic and we do more detailed plans for adult led activities. Our Improvement advisor likes them. We have the same sort of sheet for outdoor activities.

The numbers next to children's names indicate which of their next steps the activity support.

Indoor child initiated activities- 3rd June 2013.docx

• Like 2

:1b

Here is a copy of one week's plans for inside child initiated activities. They are very basic and we do more detailed plans for adult led activities. Our Improvement advisor likes them. We have the same sort of sheet for outdoor activities.

The numbers next to children's names indicate which of their next steps the activity support.

Thanks for sharing - I really like this :1b

Is this your only planning, along with your detailed adult focus plans ?

• Like 1

klc106- I like your planning very easy to understand and follow- can I ask is the same thing out all week in the areas ie space set wont change Monday to Friday?

What about other areas such as painting creative sand water etc do you plan for these? or do you have continuous provision and only show on your plan if you are enhancing an area?

what does your adult led plans cover?

sorry so many questions and thanks for sharing its helped me simplify my plans and Im sure you have helped others! :)

• Like 1

We have our mark-making, maths area and cosy corner out all the time so I do not put them on planning unless something has changed or needs adding to the area.

We have the same thing out Monday-Thursday (don't open Fridays) as we have different children in throughout the week and the older children that are in everyday like to be able to revisit activities from the previous day- we feel it benefits observations greatly as they may not be able to do something on Monday but by Thursday they may have mastered it.

If we notice that something is not being used we will change it and just cross it out on the plans and write in the new activity.

We only have this sheet for planning, one for outdoors and then our adult led activity plans. We also have continuous provision sheets for the mark-making area, maths area and cosy corner.

I am not sure what Ofsted will think to our planning, but the improvement advisor likes it and it works well for us!

Edited by klc106
  • Like 1

Adult led activities depend on the children's next steps. We plan to do around 3-4 activities a week based on next steps- regardless of key person groups etc. all children are encouraged to take part

We also have 2 communication groups (based on children's development levels) and we do a communication activity in these groups each session- they don't take long at all 5/10 minutes max.

• Like 1

hi skippy ive posted this before but in case you've missed it .This is the way we do ours. The keycarers set next steps every fortnight then they are put on the plan

Short term planning for forum.docx

from this we create a VERY basic environment plan just so that we know what is going where

Obviously the childrens names are in the first column! (we have 54 a week)

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)