Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Etiquette when responding to topics

Guest LornaW

Guest LornaW

Ok so I am a grumpy old woman and I'm now semi-retired and have time but it would be lovely if people would let us know how things go or what they did do when they ask for ideas for interviews & observations. It would make it feel more like a two way process!

Moan over have a well deserved half term everyone and try and find some 'you' time in all that report writing!

LornaW

Thats a good idea Lorna, we're in the process of advertising for a manager, so being able to view other peoples adverts, interview questions and feedback would be good. Its ages since we had to advertise and we're feeling a bit lost.

Guest tinkerbell

I think Lorna is saying people on the site ask for advice ,they sometimes say thank you for the ideas but it would be great if once they have had an interview, had a lesson observation, tried ideas it would be lovely to hear how it all went.....

I think that would be good too.

Have a great half term everyone

It's also really nice to be thanked when uploading documents and things. How many times do we come across a post where someone has shared their time and effort, there's been thirty or forty folk download it and maybe three people take the time to say 'thank you'. Even if it's no good to you personally, it's still just etiquette to say thank you. You would if it was physically handed to you after you'd asked to see it, after all

• Like 2

Regarding downloads, I often feel like I'm cluttering up the forum adding thank yous to others'. it sometimes bugs me to get excited about a topic i've been interested in in 'new content' only to find its a single word of thanks. I like the new 'like' button and use it to add support. Maybe a 'useful' or 'thankyou' button might be considered? Or if one person has written thanks then a 'like' of their post along with the original might be considered polite?

Gratefully,

Honey

• Like 2

Or if one person has written thanks then a 'like' of their post along with the original might be considered polite?

I think the 'like' button, used in this way is a perfect way of saying thank you, Honey.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I used to frequent another forum and the number of people who simply asked for help and support, yet gave none back, was amazing! Sometimes people do just forget though, but when it is a regular occurence, I totally agree with you. Hopefully I've said thank you to all welcomes and informative posts so far! :)

Hi I rarely respond to requests for interview activity help these days for this reason, I always used to but became fed up that I rarely found out if the person got the job or ever heard how it went. There's also the thought that always goes through my mind of wondering that if someone is really struggling for an idea if they are really right for the role that they are applying for.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)