Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fancy dress?

narnia

If you have a basic out fit I.e., a pair of leggings and a t shirt wha t about cutting different sized hearts out of fabric and wonder web bonding them to your outfit using an iron? Then making a crown to wear out of heart shapes

You could wear a Princess Diana mask!

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

They look fab. But in what universe is 'large' considered to be size 16-18? :angry: Why do we need to have descriptions such as 'small', 'medium' or 'large' when we also have recognised dress sizes? Or am I just being oversensitive?

On a lighter note, I once heard Steve Wright say that his favourite thing to do in clothes shops is to take a jumper to the assistant and ask if they have it in 'extra medium'. ;)

Good luck with your search, narnia - loving Panders' idea! What's the occasion?

Yes, they are perfect, but my problem is exactly as Happymaz points out!! The occasion?? shhhhhhhhhhh, do NOT tell, our graduation this year is an Alice in Wonderland theme........now, anyone know where I canget some live flamingos?? :D

• Like 1

Narnia, we did alice in wonderland year before last. Got lots of mismatched cups and saucers and teapots if you want to borrow them, I was the queen of hearts too but not sure if I still have my costume but can look if you like. let me know xxxx

My daughters friends are obsessed with flippin fancy dress and as I don't sew and don't want to spent a lot of money we use Jokers Masquerade here

Some of the stuff is more expensive but you can often just get accessories to go with other stuff you already have. The quality of products is ok....not the sort of stuff that will last for years and years but then the prices reflect that.

They have a pink flamingo handbag for £8.99 see half way down page here

Hope that helps

Sue

Guest sn0wdr0p

Gosh Sue, that's a rather interesting website with some rather rude, weird and wonderful things I haven't seen before. Love the Henry Vac costume though.

Gosh Sue, that's a rather interesting website with some rather rude, weird and wonderful things I haven't seen before. Love the Henry Vac costume though.

Yeah some of the Hen and Stag stuff is a bit yukky but we have had Cruella stuff and pirate hats/swords, lovely mother Christmas outfit Emily wore to a Christmas party and assorted Halloween stuff too :D

Big white sheet.. cut into a big circle then cut hole in middle for waist - sew a channel around inner-circle and thread with elastic.

Then cut red satin hearts to decorate the hemline- and iron on using bondaweb.

Very limited sewing skills needed, and a bit more flattering that just a straight strip of elasticated fabric.

You do need to work out the length you want fist though.

xx

Big white sheet.. cut into a big circle then cut hole in middle for waist - sew a channel around inner-circle and thread with elastic.

Or add red felt hearts - just 'tack' on! :1b

Have a great time whatever option you go for! :1b