Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Remind your 'oldies'

sunnyday

A cautionary tale.........

My dear old mum (91 years old) received a 'phone call this morning - supposedly from BT.........offering to help her to stop nuisance calls - to do this they required her credit card details........I don't need to go on do I?

I am so surprised at my mum - she may be old but she is far from silly.........I suppose these 'fraudsters' are just so clever......

I hope, hope, hope that we managed to stop the card in time.......

Anyway - I know that lots of you lovely forum folks have elderly relatives - perhaps it would be an idea to remind them not to give details like this over the phone.

• Like 4

- I called them something beginning with B and ending in s........

You're polite then....... xDxD I have far far better words for them!

I shall remind my mum, I'm quite lucky with her though- as she's trained to say 'my daughter sorts that out' to almost all phone call these days.

• Like 1

Oh my! It's my Mums 80th today, and I'll be singing to her on the phone in a bit - I'll remind her about it then. She's generally pretty good, but as you say, it only takes once!

• Like 1

You're polite then....... xDxD I have far far better words for them!

I shall remind my mum, I'm quite lucky with her though- as she's trained to say 'my daughter sorts that out' to almost all phone call these days.

Thought my mum was well trained too - think these people are so 'clever' - engaged her in all sorts of conversation before they got to the crucial part.......

Oh my! It's my Mums 80th today, and I'll be singing to her on the phone in a bit - I'll remind her about it then. She's generally pretty good, but as you say, it only takes once!

Happy Birthday to your mum Cait!

• Like 1

It makes me SO cross that they prey on vulnerable people. My mum is 82 and fairly sensible but quite suggestible. I will warn her...its all we can do.

I hope you managed to stop everything in time Sunnyday and Happy 80th Cait's mum!

Thank you for pointing it out.

• Like 1