Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'They' are here

garrison

Main points from the inspection

• most of the time was spent watching staff interactions with children
  • she only asked questions about stuff she wasnt able to witness during observations. She said observations now require little questioning of staff. She mainly asked the seniors rather than other staff
  • asked for tracking documents from all rooms - but specifically asked for 'unusual children' eg SEN, 2 year fel, etc.She only glanced at these documents
  • I explained planning and next steps to her and she didnt investigate all the paperwork we have for it
  • She said the SEF was good as it was honestly written - we werent claiming to do things we didnt and what we did put in it she could see did happen
  • She never once asked about charactersitics of effective learning

Development areas she picked up on were

• our next steps doesnt have anywhere for us to tick off when they have been reached - although we know it in our heads
  • Need to improve on self help skills espec at snack time
  • need to use more number language eg how many plates do we need. She says they are very big on maths at the moment
  • more talking about letters when writing names on pictures - dont just do it with no conversation

Once I have spoke to the manager about the paperwork she wanted to see i will add more

Edited by Rachael1820