Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

And breathe....

Toots

I went to work at 7.30 everyday last week except Friday. At 8.45 my senior rings me, Ofsted have arrived! I know I mustn't share my result yet but nobody here knows my setting. It amazes me how another human being can make you forget the simplist things. Inspector to staff 'where do you wash your hands after nappy changing?' Reply 'we wear gloves and use the toilets'. Mrs O questioned me on this. My reply 'there is a sink with hand washing soap in the room' . The staff member knew this because she does it everyday! She was just so nervous. The adrenalin rush was amazing, and I was so very proud of my team. Only 2 small recommendations at feedback time. She was very focused and never seemed interested in our SEN children, our relationship with parents or our new sensory room that we worked so hard to achieve.

I'm looking forward to reading our report and although an 'outstanding' seems out of our reach we won't give up trying. It feels good to have it over and done with.

I went home Friday night with the intention of having a very large glass of red, but after regaling my day to hubby I was snoring on the sofa by 9 without having a single drop of wine!

• Like 3

oh well done you.

i know what you mean about the things we do all the time just go out of our heads when questioned and afterwards we always think "oh i should have said ..." or "i didnt say..." but obviously you and all your staff said enough - congratulations

• Like 1

i do think now settings should be focusing on getting staff confident to speak and question inspectors - peer on peer obs etc will help but we need to sell our settings to inspectors and challenge to prove the things we do :D

• Like 1