Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Murder!

sunnyday

If you hear on the news that a pre-school practitioner from Kent has been arrested for murder.......look no further it will be me! :ph34r:

Parents drive me up the wall sometimes - oh yes, I know I wouldn't have any of my lovely, lovely children without parents - they are a 'necessary evil' :blink: xD

Just bear with me please while I have a little rant - I know I will feel so much better afterwards xD

So.......why do they think that it's acceptable to invent their own 'start time' for pre-school - they seem quite shocked when they roll up 10-15 minutes late in the mornings and I'm not still standing by the door waiting with a big smile to 'meet and greet'........."oh what do i do, do I just bring him/her in"? Well yes or stand there like a drip it's up to you!

Why do they ask just a couple of weeks ago - please can you find another day for Fred from September and then when i say "oh I have found that day you were after"think it's OK to say "oh actually I might be going to go back to work full time, can I let you know at the end of April is that OK?" Well no it's not I have been fiddling with my list for days to accommodate your wishes

Why bother to come to a parent's info session just to ask later the same questions that have already been covered in full. No I'm not explaining that now you should have been listening!

Why do they have to ask the time of the start of events when this has all been covered in Newsletters and displayed on posters for all to see. No I'm not telling you have a look around and see if you can find the answer

Can you tell that I haven't had the best of days!!! xD :lol: xD

• Like 12

Is it a job that leads to murderous thoughts more than others, or am I just being paranoid.

The other day there was the advisor who told me that I was valued because if I left they would have to replace me with someone fromt the LA who would obviously have to be paid much more than I am!!! So I am valued because I am CHEAP! Now I feel ok about all the stress.

• Like 1

Can I share a cell with you?

Always seem to turn up correct day/time of the Christmas party though [never need reminding of that freebie)

Although in one parents defence- they turned up 10min late today, very apologetic - saying 'can I still leave him, or am I too late?' :1b :1b [lovely parent and child, will be sad to lose that family]

Had the 'can I change' situation myself this week, you fret, you juggle, you somehow manage it - then get told 'oh, I don't need it now' :angry:

xxx

• Like 1

Oh yes sunnyday sounds like we have the same parents + mine also invent other pick up times, forget when photographer is there and ask will they come back another time, and turn up when setting is closed and phone me at 9.00 a.m to ask where I am. Teachers struggle for time to come to our setting to see children that are leaving us and a parent asked me what would happen if their child is absent because they have booked a 3 week holiday in June.A parent even asked me the other day if we could do our graduation ceremony before the end of term because she is due to give birth at the end of term.

All my staff wonder how I cope with it so do I sometimes!!!!

• Like 2

Well I'm going to enjoy sharing my cell with Helen and louby! :1b

Only five days to go and then a break for Easter........oh silly me - forgot for a moment that I will have a (bleep, bleeping, bleep, bleep) 'to do' list as long as my arm! :oxD :lol: xD

• Like 3

Sorry your day has been less than satisfactory - we must be sharing some of our parents - however out of 50 families we do have a handful (now remember only count the fingers on one hand xD ) who are quite lovely - one wished me Happy Birthday for my birthday, one (we took over 40 families) texted after our outing yesterday to say what a lovely day she and her little one had had and one had obviously been sat down with her children who gave me belated birthday cards today - obviously I'm not saying that the other 45 odd families are in anyway thoughtless ................................................ BUT :rolleyes:

• Like 3

So many people make my mom think that way Sunnyday, that years ago when I was doing a calligraphy class she asked me to make a load of badges with Pr*t on for her to give out!

I didnt by the way! :ph34r:

• Like 2

You have got me going now sunnyday. I have children that are toilet trained in pre-school but not at home.When children show an inclination to use the toilet throughout the session I ask parents to put them in underwear. They are doing what I ask but they go in the adults toilets and take nappy off before they come in then put it back on when they collect them. Its so confusing for the children.Never mind.

• Like 2

You have got me going now sunnyday. I have children that are toilet trained in pre-school but not at home.When children show an inclination to use the toilet throughout the session I ask parents to put them in underwear. They are doing what I ask but they go in the adults toilets and take nappy off before they come in then put it back on when they collect them. Its so confusing for the children.Never mind.

NOOOOOO! :o Well I've heard it all now :(

I have thought of another thing that makes me look for the hatchet, at Christmas we send personalised Santa letters to all the children. Which means walking around the village. This year there were 80 of them and ONE, I repeat ONE person said thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll visit, I'll also check any parcels to make sure no-one tries to give you a file in a cake, you wont want to get out too soon!

Thanks Rea - I would like if at all possible please - see how polite I am.........yes, please could you bring some booze, chocs and books when you visit - thank you in anticipation :1b

I have thought of another thing that makes me look for the hatchet, at Christmas we send personalised Santa letters to all the children. Which means walking around the village. This year there were 80 of them and ONE, I repeat ONE person said thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how rude and ungrateful :(

I'm beginning to think that people don't do grateful anymore. I love making cake/biscuits etc. and often take in to school. Made a lovely lemon sponge this week (if I do say so myself) with lemon butter icing and lemon curd in the middle. I go in at the end of today to discover the empty, unwashed tin (with used knife still inside). Clearly eaten and enjoyed - 2 people out of the whole staff have said 'thank you' or made any kind of comment at all. I admit I do it because I love to bake and don't want to/shouldn't eat all the results but still...

• Like 3

Snap! Not last Christmas,some years ago we asked every parent what the child had asked for and hand wrote all the letters so they included their hoped for present. No one said thank you. Another year we took months collecting pictures and paintings from each child to make calenders with a picture for every month. No-one said thank you then either!!

Sunnyday, give me the list! Lavender pillows to aid a restful sleep and a dart board, just use your imagination!

Oh Helen your lemon sponge sounds lovely........sadly I think that you could be right - has everyone forgotten how to be 'nice'?

That would explain why after a break it is necessary to start all over again with manners for some children - terribly sad really.......

Snap! Not last Christmas,some years ago we asked every parent what the child had asked for and hand wrote all the letters so they included their hoped for present. No one said thank you. Another year we took months collecting pictures and paintings from each child to make calenders with a picture for every month. No-one said thank you then either!!

Sunnyday, give me the list! Lavender pillows to aid a restful sleep and a dart board, just use your imagination!

Lovely Rea thank you - lavender pillows sound heavenly - haven't played darts in years, but yes sounds like a plan! :1b

oh dear, should I be filling in my CV and going to that job interview in the morning???!! after being away from playgroup for all of 6 weeks I find I am missing it! :blink:

Oh good luck with the interview! :1b

I couldn't imagine life without the children.........just some of the parents that I could do without :ph34r: