Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

RND 2013!

Scarlettangel

oh what have you called it....lenny henry? peter kay?

Dolly. We thought briefly of calling her Doris, but that's my moms name and we figured she might be offended ;) (mom, not the ferret!)

I've just changed channel from RND to BBC4 'Totally British 70s rock and roll'

• Like 1

I think its just the same old... its a shocking thing to say but I feel all compassioned out. Sure I'll send money, but you do wonder, when will it stop? I wrote a small piece in the juniors (1972?) quoting Henry Kissenger 'within the next 10 years no child will be dying of starvation'. The fact they do die of starvation and other equally easy to solve things makes me sad and tired

:(

I watched. I cried. I donated. I gave a small donation on behalf of all the fit, well and happy children at my setting who will never die from tetanus, diarrhoea or malaria. And for those who, when they eventually die will not have their body thrown into a bag so it can be taken home on public transport, or thrown into the laundry room because their parents couldn't afford to place the child in a mortuary. We are indeed beyond lucky. I hope the money will help at least one child to live a full and happy life. I hope it makes a difference. I am ashamed to moan about the very small things in my life that irk me. Really, what DO i have to complain about??

• Like 4

I watched but I snoozed too. Out of exhaustion not boredom! I have to admit, of the 'celeb films' they insert throughout the evening, the one that really got me was One Direction's Harry Styles sobbing as he watched children dying of malaria. He may be one of the luckiest boys in the country right now, but it must have been a HUGE reality check for him. I know they put those videos in to tug at the heart strings, but from the amount raised it seems like it worked.

I watched. I cried. I donated. I gave a small donation on behalf of all the fit, well and happy children at my setting who will never die from tetanus, diarrhoea or malaria. And for those who, when they eventually die will not have their body thrown into a bag so it can be taken home on public transport, or thrown into the laundry room because their parents couldn't afford to place the child in a mortuary. We are indeed beyond lucky. I hope the money will help at least one child to live a full and happy life. I hope it makes a difference. I am ashamed to moan about the very small things in my life that irk me. Really, what DO i have to complain about??

We dont have anything to moan about do we? In every part of our lives there are niggles and preferences but we have charmed lives living in a country with the NHS, free education and public services.

I'm always baffled by the fact politicians around the world get together now and then to talk about Africa and then do nothing. I cant understand why they allow it to continue, why out of our relatively vast budgets we cant sort out the vaccination programmes, the malaria nets, the hospitals and schools and clean drinking water. It baffles me completely. I think my tiredness is actually frustration and anger.

£75 million though, wow, good old joe public :D

• Like 1

Guest sn0wdr0p

My two youngest watched some of this for the first time and were really moved by the 'celeb clips' as well as really enjoying some of the comedy elements. I was a little horrified by some of the content and language used in the comedy sketches before 8pm though. My 9 year old said "I just want to do something to help. If I go outside and run round the streets in my boxers will you give me some money ?" Bless him. We said no but he is washing our cars instead today.

I must admit I was a lot more moved this year than ever before and a visit to the bank with the boys next week is planned. I hope a lot more people do the same.

It really brings home just how important our jobs can be to some families. The Domestic Violence courses, Working with families under stress and the Drugs Misuse Courses and Sexual Exploitation Courses I have attended this month suddenly have a lot more relevance.

it IS frustrating to know that in spite of the billions of pounds poured into foreign aid, people still starve and children die of simple, preventable diseases. I wish that our government and others would put that money directly into the programmes that help the folk who need it, rather than the pockets of corrupt governments............Rolls Royces, limousines, fat bank balances and mansions while their own people die around them is beyond despicable. So, we dip our hands in our pockets and help, we will always help, because our own humanity demands it. I also want every child in this country to have ahappy childhood, free from having the strain of caring for a sick parent, or of having to watch in fear as a parent is battered, or to fear the 'lovely man' who is quietly and systematically abusing them.So, i will continue to dip my hand into my pocket, to give the little i can to help. I will also continue, as all of you will, to watch out for every child and family in my care, to do my best and to ensure that their time with my setting is safe, relaxed and free from worry for as long as i can. I wish we lived in a fairer world, but we don't. So, i will do what little I can..............as well as I can to be the support that some need. This years Red Nose day touched me like never before. I doubt I will ever forget, nor should I.

• Like 2

Sobbed and sobbed! We have started living because we can rise above the narrow confines of our individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity (Martin Luther).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)