Articles
About Us
Tapestry

some days are really hard!

finleysmaid

Ok another bit of steam letting!!

I have had a bit of a day

first child...having major nose bleeds ...so watch out :blink:

second child ...Mum turns up with an epi-pen...been in hospital with a nut allergy...so had to explain that she needs to come in with her or take her away until we have sorted out nurse/doctor and insurance!! so then Mum tried to take the medicine away and leave the child! Oh really! <_<

Third child ...been in hospital having seizures ...now diagnosed with epilepsy so spent 2 hours on the phone trying to organise everything for him too. Then an hour speaking to his mum about what i've done etc.

And guess what the nurse who deals with epi-pens and the one for epilepsy are different so have to organise two different training sessions for all the staff :huh:

Fouth child....ongoing physical issues but at least he's got an appointment with the peadiatrician now!

So medical issues.....four hours work ...children in the setting got me for about an hour! :rolleyes: Just the way it goes somedays

Glass of wine anyone! :mellow:

Wow Finleysmaid that has to be some sort of record...I'm topping up your wine glass for you - have a biccie too!!

:blink: :blink: at the parent leaving the child but taking the epi-pen (though not completely surprised, scarily!)

Tomorrow cannot be any worse... :ph34r:

Just thinking about the 'epi-pen' situation (from behind my G & T :ph34r: ).........

I have been trained to use one - as have my small staff team - but that was a few years ago.........would we need an update if we had another child with this 'need'? :blink:

I would imagine so........ hic! xD

The insurance company need us to have it signed off for this particular child (we are all trained through) but i just need a piece of paper from them to prove they have spoken to us!! (i'd watch my G&T's if i were you i have a reputation for making them a bit strong)

• Like 1

..what you having gingerbreadman? not sure if i'm going for white or red ...humm decisions

Why thank you - make mine a small white please Finleysmaid...nicely chilled - which I hope you are feeling more of!

Edited by gingerbreadman

Just thinking about the 'epi-pen' situation (from behind my G & T :ph34r: ).........

I have been trained to use one - as have my small staff team - but that was a few years ago.........would we need an update if we had another child with this 'need'? :blink:

I would imagine so........ hic! xD

According to my early years advisor, yes!! All well and good in theory however getting health visitors to train is a nightmare in our area

• Like 1

According to my early years advisor, yes!! All well and good in theory however getting health visitors to train is a nightmare in our area

Have had to ring the acute team at the local hospital...i tried the HV's the LDD service, the lea,the school nurses, the specialst nurse in fact just about everyone but the nurse who is coming is is doing next monday so that's good we don't have to wait too long. The epilepsy nurse is a whole different ball game though! :(

Oh dear. You've said it now. If finleysmaid's day tomorrow is indeed worse, we'll all know who to blame! :P

I retract! Especially as I said something last week at work and it bit me on the proverbial at the end of the week...now, just need that kind of luck with six numbers!!!

have a relaxing day...to be all the more enjoyable given your experiences yesterday...extra cake has been earned :D

do you have you're scarf tied in the Mary Berry way...would seem she's setting a trend!

well if today is worse at work i won't know till later...i'm off to london for the day to have tea with Mary Berry (and my daughter!) .....i hardly ever take a day off but think i rather deserve it after yesterday! My very capeable team will be fine :wub:

Oh how and why are you having tea with Mary Berry? I just think she is great.

Your picture reminds me of when I attempted to make gingerbread men from a packet mix at playgroup. Someone had to race to the shops to buy replacements because me and the children just had the stickiest mess possible, it wouldnt come off the table. And the time I made a victoria sandwich cake with my younest son, only neither of us could quite remember what to do. We now know you dont add milk. Landed in the bin like a house brick :oxD

PHILISTINES! :o

xD

Had a fab day thanks...i do not need to eat for a week however!.

Oh how and why are you having tea with Mary Berry? I just think she is great.

My daughter and i had a posh tea at Fortnum and Mason where Mary was doing a book signing and a chat to us all. She was fantastic, i think we all felt like her friends by the end of the day...she is just so natural behind a mike. Tea was Yummy! :wub: