Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recording and Assessment in Nurseries via 2simple software

HI Everyone,

We are thinking at our Nursery of investing in the computerised software 2simple. [ Using Ipads and Iphones to record / assess children's learning and development with reports and planning generated via PC ]

Does anyone use it already? Would love to hear from you of any problems you have had or whether its the bees knees in keeping child profiles paper trail low.

:D

Hi, I just looked (briefly) at something called orbit on itunes. Has anyone been using this app? It seems to be similar to the 2simple app but it is free. However, I have not checked it out properly. I am just installing it now.

kerry

Have you checked out the Forum's PRAMS and Tapestry? Brilliant products and the technical support is second to none! There are separate forum areas for both - have a look in the Forum index. :1b

Hi,

I just been playing around with it and it is very useful if you have an iphone or ipad. you can print from the website and it has lots of functions which I am still figuring out. Yes, I love Prams, but can you use it on an ipad yet?

Anyway, it is always good to have more options, especially free ones! Orbit does have some ads, but they are pretty unobtrusive. I like it because at the moment we have to print photos and then write comments from memory about the previous 3/4 weeks. It's called a communication diary. This will save time and give more meaning to the photos.

Kerry

Thanks HappyMaz will check them out too

kerryhochiminh 2simple has been out for a little while now so wondered if anyone was using it, I found it in the app store but it had the old EYFS It has since updated them.

I showed my boss how it worked using my iphone [i must confess I am a bit of a techno geek ] and he was impressed too. so we have asked them to come into our setting to give us a demonstration it will be a costly outlay as it will be better to use ipads than iphones we will have to wait and see.

Just trying to checkout Tapestry but can't find it on here or how to register to see it ? I have found the app but its says I can't log in unitl I have registered ??

I just checked out tapestry and your right, it looks amazing! Don't know if my setting will fork out the money though, but its worth a go. It looks so coooool!

Kerry

Kazwalters did you find tapestry? You have to be a registered member of the eyfs forum and then pay 30 Uk a year to use it. It has different prices for big genre settings. I don't think it is expensive for what they offer. I think it works out about 50 pence per child? Anyway, I am going to introduce my head to it on Monday. Not sure how she will like it, she tends to like paper and doesn't like to make 'work' for the other teachers.

Anyway it is now 5.55am, still dark and I have to drive to work on my motorbike. (:

Kerry

Guest lillybeth

We want to use tapestry, however the school we are attached to don't want parents to contribute to the learning journal. It is so silly because tapestry would be perfect for us.

Hi all -

I'm sorry, I took a day out yesterday, recovering from the 10th birthday exertions! :1b

Kaz, as you're already a subscribing member you just need to go to 'apps' on the navbar at the top of this screen, then 'store' and you'll find three different package options there, depending on the size of your setting. Or you can click here for a shortcut.

lillybeth, you can already prevent parents from replying to journal entries; it would be very simple to add another so that parents can only read and not to reply. Does seem a bit odd though, as the parent partnership is usually regarded as a fundamental aspect of learning journals.

Thanks Cait for the vote of confidence, much appreciated!

Just to bring anyone up to date on Tapestry, you can find out more general information here. There are some things it can't do that have been mentioned above - for example it doesn't yet have any analysis component to it, and the android app is not yet available. The first version was really aimed at replicating the learning journal/special books experience in an online version - however, we'll be working actively on new features over the coming weeks and months, and we're always interested to hear suggestions from the FSF membership and 'weavers'. Indeed there are features we've added since the launch, such as uploading an observation once for several children, that are directly as a result of suggestions. You can read some of the discussions we're having regularly in this forum area.

Hope all that helps!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)