Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What would you put in room 101?

zigzag

...people that stand at the bus stop waiting for ages for a bus and when it does, they start to frantically search for the fare, holding every body up!!!!...

'...arrghh you had all this time!!!!!'

got to get our tongues round 2 tricky names this term - Daithi and Odharnait, I got parents to write them phonetically and we practised until we were confident, by the way I have been pronouncing Inge as in singer so a pat on the back to me too

Golly.....Dai as is welsh and thee for the first and I read the second and the first thing that came to mind was odd - hair - net and I am sure that's not right :blink:

Daithi is like doggy but with soft g's, sort of dohhee, and Odharnait is Orna, like lorna without the L. beautiful traditional irish names for 2 very beautiful children, though they may not thank their parents in future having to spell it to anyone who wants to write their names down. by the way, we help ourselves to remember how to spell Odharnait buy saying 'odd hair net' to ourselves

i always remember one child called Niamh who had it pronounced Neem , always put us off as we were used to pronouncing it as Neave... many Irish names came through us.. all girls though, think Ciaran was the only boy ..

Saoirsa, “sear + sha”

Aoife “ee + fa”

,Grainne,“graw + nya”

Roisin, “ro + sheen”

seems 101 is hijacked... sorry

I will throw in potholes in the road... our road through the village is becoming lethal to cyclists and bikers, and even cars in some spots..

Interesting comment Finleysmaid!!

People who take forever to load their shopping on to the belt and then pack it, load the trolley, find the purse, find the right card and all the while chatting to the assistant as if we've all got time to spare!

People who put their children in ill-fitting cheap shoes.

I know Clarkes shoes are expensive but cheaper than having to buy 6 rubbish pairs throughout the school year as they keep falling apart! They are so bad for childrens feet as well. Ive got a parent who thinks that because her childs in Reeboks that they are good shoes. The fact that they are far too big, totally the wrong fit and her child keeps tripping in them doesnt seem to bother her aaarrrrrgggg!!!

Rant over ha ha

At this precise moment (having just spent 15 minutes unwrapping them) the children who decided to wrap 3 pencils, 6 wax crayons and a playmobile person in layer upon layer of masking tape! ;) and actually I can't even be cross because they were wrapping presents to go under the Christmas tree (I've brough my old tree in and we have decorated it with strings of nuts, cups of bird food etc). I think next week I'll be adding wrapping paper and gift tags to my making area! ;)xD

• Like 1

the idiot who wrote this in the telegraph comment section regarding the truss review

"We have a partial solution. We have a smal army of unmarried mothers at home and living on benefits. There is no reason as to why these woman could not with some training be working in Day Nurseries . The nursery could care for their children. This would cost little to impliment."

Hummm where do i start!!

Edited by finleysmaid
  • Like 2

the idiot who wrote this in the telegraph comment section regarding the truss review

"We have a partial solution. We have a smal army of unmarried mothers at home and living on benefits. There is no reason as to why these woman could not with some training be working in Day Nurseries . The nursery could care for their children. This would cost little to impliment."

Hummm where do i start!!

I'm just off to hit my head against the wall :blink:

Edited by sunnyday

Hummm where do i start!!

BUT.. how many of us started in this way... I would never have been running a setting or in this sector had I not started as a mum recruited to help out.. and can I also say my best staff were the ones I recruited from mums who took up the gauntlet and did just this, all did level 3 and one ended up as EYP from a background that really was so far from anywhere that she never expected to get a degree etc.. but with correct mentoring did very well...

so maybe this comment is not far from the truth in that the extra hands will help and from there many unexpected lights could shine... only fault is in saying it would be easy . as we all know early years correctly done is not .

• Like 1

BUT.. how many of us started in this way... I would never have been running a setting or in this sector had I not started as a mum recruited to help out.. and can I also say my best staff were the ones I recruited from mums who took up the gauntlet and did just this, all did level 3 and one ended up as EYP from a background that really was so far from anywhere that she never expected to get a degree etc.. but with correct mentoring did very well...

so maybe this comment is not far from the truth in that the extra hands will help and from there many unexpected lights could shine... only fault is in saying it would be easy . as we all know early years correctly done is not .

you are quite right ...indeed i started doing 6 weeks maternity cover but if you read the rest of the comments you will see the context of this one :angry:

....just to clarify....i am aware that many of us (including myself ) started as Mums who helped, but this comment was in a whole round of if your thick you can go and look after children comments...perhaps the quote loses it's negative factor taken out of context. (no offence intended!)

• Like 2

....just to clarify....i am aware that many of us (including myself ) started as Mums who helped, but this comment was in a whole round of if your thick you can go and look after children comments...perhaps the quote loses it's negative factor taken out of context. (no offence intended!)

I too started as a mum - but understood your post :1b

• Like 1