Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2 year check template advice

Hello all,

I am just working on a template for our two year check and was wondering if you all just cover the three prime areas and cover the different areas of each e.g. under PD you would discuss both moving and handeling and health and self care and then have a section for next steps?

Do parents then fill in their comment and then send it back to the setting and keep a copy for them selves and their health workers?

hope this is clear.. would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

We get info from the health visitor first as they do their 2 year check as soon as children turn 2 in our area. We then write about the three prime areas (all aspects of each area), then have a chat to parents and they fill in their part (what child likes doing at home, any achievements etc) then with the parents we work out what the child could do next.

Hello all,

I am just working on a template for our two year check and was wondering if you all just cover the three prime areas and cover the different areas of each e.g. under PD you would discuss both moving and handeling and health and self care and then have a section for next steps? IThat's how I did it......

Do parents then fill in their comment and then send it back to the setting and keep a copy for them selves and their health workers?

And yes.....

hope this is clear.. would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

We've also bought ours from our county( they weren't giving them away), they have a box for each prime area (not broken into separate areas of each) a box saying 'at home I am interested in' a box saying something like 'can you help me do this at home' another to put what they enjoy in setting, and a 'how do I learn' box.

We invited the parent in to go through it with key worker, made them aware there was a box for them to comment in, gave them their copy, we,ve added ours to LJ but unsure if we are suppose to keep them as LJs leave with child, may put them into reg documents instead, also not sure how quickly we're suppose to get HV copy to them either.

Edited by mouse63

Our Local Authority have left us to put together the 2 year records, have given some guidance on what to include, but still feel that there seems to be a lot of confusion and/or differences of how the checks are being done across the country from what I have heard from talking to others. We have been told that we need to do the checks on the children turning 3 between Sept-December this year, whereas some have not in other counties.

we have been told need to do two year checks on all children turning three as long as they have attended the setting for a few weeks - not sure where we are supposed to get all the information we need for this during this time as could mean a matter of weeks at six hours per week - impossible really.

we have been given a form to complete with characteristics of learning and it is broken down

engagement - finding out and exploring/ playing with what they know/be willing to have a go

motivation - being involved and concentrating/keeping on trying/ enjoying achieving what they set out to do

thinking - having their own ideas/making links - using what they already know to learn new things/ choosing ways to do things

hope that a help to someone x

We've also bought ours from our county( they weren't giving them away), they have a box for each prime area (not broken into separate areas of each) a box saying 'at home I am interested in' a box saying something like 'can you help me do this at home' another to put what they enjoy in setting, and a 'how do I learn' box.

We invited the parent in to go through it with key worker, made them aware there was a box for them to comment in, gave them their copy, we,ve added ours to LJ but unsure if we are suppose to keep them as LJs leave with child, may put them into reg documents instead, also not sure how quickly we're suppose to get HV copy to them either.

Sorry, am I reading that right......you had to buy yours from county ? !!!

• Like 1

Our HV team have now received their info regarding 2 yr checks by settings...told me today that they were aiming to have their 2 year checks by 2.2m and would like our info prior to that.....they'll be lucky, not sure what we will find out in that short time even if they have started by them, which most don't until 3 yr funded, our early years team have said if gone 3 no need to do, so there will be lots of children who never have this anyway.

My LA created one and sent it out to every setting as they wanted to ensure every setting was using the same format.

It has the 3 characteristics of learning, all areas for PSED, C&L and PD plus home learning and setting ideas, mulitiple boxes for SEN, EAL CAF S&L etc etc, child's comments, parents comments xx

My LA created one and sent it out to every setting as they wanted to ensure every setting was using the same format.

It has the 3 characteristics of learning, all areas for PSED, C&L and PD plus home learning and setting ideas, mulitiple boxes for SEN, EAL CAF S&L etc etc, child's comments, parents comments xx

this sounds very indepth, not covered characteristics of learning in mine (again no guidance from LA), but have included COL on focused obs sheet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)