Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

looking for new book case - suggestions please

Hi All, we are looking to purchase new book case for preschool , the original one is beautiful but unsafe as top heavy but unfolds and has shelves and probably too tall , it was hand painted but has had its day so need your suggestions please on purchasing one that is accessible to all , can contain a lot but also on castors . can you reccommend ???

I wish i had time to make one my self but ...... no such luck !

We have Spice Racks from Ikea £3 each screwed to wall holds 2/3 books each so 10 to 15 books displayed....then a basket with a few more on the floor and story sack hung on hooks looks lovely really accessible and takes up no space at all so the children have lots of room in the area to sprawl out on the sheepskin with all the big bright cushions! Found idea on a Reggio website!

Community Playthingswe have two of the 'library shelf' model............really nice, books don't fall out and you don't need those horrid wires to keep them in place. Added bonus of display/storage space at the back, so you can use them to divide up space in your room. They're very competitively priced I think

Edited by narnia
  • Like 1

thanks Rea, we have been fortunate to have £1000 donated for new tables :P and a recent psychic evening raised over £600 plus couple of donations from ex parents but got to save some for our new outside access and office ( tho hoping the later will be all things and labour donated !!)

The money saving programme on BBC2 last night said all big shops will make discounts all you need to do is ask nicely and smile. They tried it out on a small computer shop and got over £100 off their bill after saying they could only afford £400 for their small office.

• Like 1

We had the one Inge has linked to from Early Years Direct - don't forget to add VAT to the price or it does seem incredibly good value for money. It arrived promptly and wasn't too bad to put together, it is reasonable in quality - nowhere as good as Comm Playthings, but didn't expect it to be. The storage on the other side is fab and wouldn't be without it any longer, the only prob is that my staff don't always get the concept less is more when it comes to storing stuff on the shelves!!

thanks Rea, we have been fortunate to have £1000 donated for new tables :P and a recent psychic evening raised over £600 plus couple of donations from ex parents but got to save some for our new outside access and office ( tho hoping the later will be all things and labour donated !!)

did you not ask your psychic for advice??????

The money saving programme on BBC2 last night said all big shops will make discounts all you need to do is ask nicely and smile. They tried it out on a small computer shop and got over £100 off their bill after saying they could only afford £400 for their small office.

I've got really good at saying "can you give me your 'best' price please"..........Mr S usually walks away at that point - but hey I've made some savings! :blink: xD

I know the feeling GF says i have too much front and my kids cringe too but if you don't ask you don't get so believe me I will be asking and doing my best to get as much discount and donated items as poss :D we work out of a village hall but a redundant toilet area which is sitting doing nothing ( no pun intended) we have got to remove toilet, urinals , install power points etc and new winndows but it will be worth it, I asked on my FB page for donations of paint, labour furniture etc and had a few offers so heres hoping they all come good. :1b

Edited by lashes2508

Dont forget Homebase if you've got one near by. They just made us a garden, they cleared the land, provided all the things we needed, compost, raised beds, gravel paths, plants, pots, a shed, turf and the manpower. We've heard they're doing another one for someone in our area. They have a pot of money for charitable causes and allow their staff two days paid leave to work on it. Our group of workers were fab.

I bet they'll be able to help with loads of stuff. :1b

• Like 1

free workers to help.. we got ours from the probation service - they did our garden clearing... and some decorating inside . and also princes trust..did decorating for us.. all good work and supervised well.. .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

just to let you know the flat pack fairies - coleeague and myself have built the new book cases - we purchased from TTS the frog bookcase - it looks great and kids have used the book area so much more in the last few days as it separates into two pieces with extra trays for adding finger puppets etc and looks great too.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)