Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Taking photos

Does anyone allow students to take photos of children whilst on work placement - with parents permission of course. I haven't up to now, but have had a recent request and wondered what others do.

Does anyone allow students to take photos of children whilst on work placement - with parents permission of course. I haven't up to now, but have had a recent request and wondered what others do.

In a word - no.......

Has the student explained why he/she wants to do this? I don't think that this is something I would want to happen in my setting.......

We have also allowed students to take photos of an activity and only as much as the child's hands (doing the activity) but even those came back from the tutor having been disallowed due to the constrictions on photos so I too would be questioning why they want the photo and also refering them back to their tutor for confirmation of what photos they are allowed to take?

Many thanks for your replies and advice - I have refused permission to the student who says that she can take photos of displays instead!

Are there children's photographs on these displays? :o I imagine you have some kind of policy covering the storage of photographs of children and so on, and the use of mobiles within the setting, so whatever she does will have to comply with those in any case.

Our University has reiterated that our learners are not to include photographs either.

• Like 1