Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half term

I just feel like I need to gather myself together, been a long half term with loads of new and very young children. Felt very much like it was all becoming a bit of a chore this last week(which is not good) I think I will try and do as little paperwork as possible, spend some quality time with my boys, depending if they are in grunt mode or not!! (teenagers) Do some long dog walks and basically forget work for the week and not feel guilty!! (might last one day)

HAPPY HALF TERM EVERYONE IF YOU GET ONE.

• Like 4

I just feel like I need to gather myself together, been a long half term with loads of new and very young children. Felt very much like it was all becoming a bit of a chore this last week(which is not good) I think I will try and do as little paperwork as possible, spend some quality time with my boys, depending if they are in grunt mode or not!! (teenagers) Do some long dog walks and basically forget work for the week and not feel guilty!! (might last one day)

HAPPY HALF TERM EVERYONE IF YOU GET ONE.

Yepp, feel like that too.......... seems to have been a long first half of term this year. Hopefully I've completed most of the paperwork so aiming for a whole week of 'me time' :1b :1b ........ still, only six weeks when we go back. xxx

Half term is never ending for me!

It feels a bit bizarre but also quite liberating. Not great financially but, for the first time ever, both of my girls are getting the support they need in school. After we have enjoyed next week together I am actually quite looking forward to them going back to school (I never thought I'd say that in a million years) and having some time to get things straight and gather my thoughts.

I will, of course, have every sympathy for all of you poor people going back to work on that first Monday morning as I wave the girls off and feel the peace and quiet descending ;)

Wow! That's a huge decision you have made there Upsy - sending my very best wishes to you as you start your 'new life' :1b

• Like 1

Well, I will be doing some work next week but I'm taking the weekend off. Has been a very long term (both literally and metaphorically). As we left yesterday my head said "So what shall we do for the rest of the year?!" It really does feel like we've done everything this term what with Ofsted, interviews, babies being born early, people going off sick not to mention all the usual parents evening, harvest service etc etc etc. I spent most of yesterday afternoon with one little boy just 'flopping' into my arms and sobbing onto my shoulder with "I just waiting for my mummy and daddy" He'd just had it poor little mite.

So, a couple of days rest, my sister and children are coming up today so will be lovely to see how my nephew has survived his first term at school and how much my niece (6 months old) has grown since I saw her 2 months ago.

I do need to organise lots of work at home though - plasterers, new curtains and maybe even getting a new kitchen started and I'm rubbish at all that kind of stuff so wish me luck!

Half term is never ending for me!

I have just finished caring for a lovely baby whose teacher parents I let down too often this term due to my DD being admitted to hospital five times. I have no other childminded children so I am officially a free agent.

All I still have to do is issue their final bill (must get round to that).

I'm not sure how I'll be moving forward now but I think I'll be catching up with housework and doing some of the jobs I've been putting off for a while. That should keep me going for a little while and the lovely Happymaz has made the odd helpful suggestion about how I could occupy my time too.

It feels a bit bizarre but also quite liberating. Not great financially but, for the first time ever, both of my girls are getting the support they need in school. After we have enjoyed next week together I am actually quite looking forward to them going back to school (I never thought I'd say that in a million years) and having some time to get things straight and gather my thoughts.

I will, of course, have every sympathy for all of you poor people going back to work on that first Monday morning as I wave the girls off and feel the peace and quiet descending ;)

Its all very well saying you'll catch up with the housework, but when I left work, the first day in the house on my own I sat and stared at the daytime tele. Just because I could! :D

Wow! That's a huge decision you have made there Upsy - sending my very best wishes to you as you start your 'new life' :1b

Thank you Sunnyday. The decision was out of my hands, ina way, as the parents terminated the contract (in a very nice, understanding manner) and we are in quite a dip in childcare uptake around here at the moment. Having said that, it feels like the right thing to do and I'm looking forward to my 'new life' so it's very positive really.

Its all very well saying you'll catch up with the housework, but when I left work, the first day in the house on my own I sat and stared at the daytime tele. Just because I could! :D

I feel it necessary to confess that my contract finished on Thursday and I watched daytime tv all day yesterday. I justified it by ironing at the same time. I saw the bottom of the ironing basket for the first time in months (at least)!

Of course I will be too busy with the girls to iron much over half term so I'll be saving it all for the first day back so I can do the same again. Is that very bad?

• Like 1

Guest sn0wdr0p

ooh daytime telly. my friend and I used to joke that it was a good indicator of how ill you were if you were off work sick. If you felt too poorly to get off the sofa and turn over the telly when that dreadful programme Going for Gold was on with Matthew Kelly then you were really really poorly. (Only you oldies will remember that programme and TV's without remote controls)

Guest sn0wdr0p

Oh Rea, you have reminded me of the time my sister and I walked to school mystified because no one else was around and when we got to school everyone was in assembly- Mum had forgotten that the clocks had changed. So for all of you who are like my Mum don't forget that the clocks go back tonight!

ooh daytime telly. my friend and I used to joke that it was a good indicator of how ill you were if you were off work sick. If you felt too poorly to get off the sofa and turn over the telly when that dreadful programme Going for Gold was on with Matthew Kelly then you were really really poorly. (Only you oldies will remember that programme and TV's without remote controls)

Blimey! Going for Gold!

That's a blast from the past :o

Guest tinkerbell

well my half term break has nearly finished,lovely day for a walk with OH and dog ,gorgeous colours up here in Yorkshire.Have a lovely week everyone who has this week as their holiday

An 8 week half term coming up!

x