Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

All staff supporting all children?

Hi,

I almost don't dare post this after the Next steps/plod debate!!! Anyhow, here goes: when a key person has decided on a way of 'taking this child's learning forward' (i.e. a PLOD!!!) following an obs or number of obs, especially where it involves adults supporting language/relationships/extending play etc as opposed to providing additional resources or an activity, do you and how do you communicate that with the other staff, assuming that all staff may interact with that child at some point? If it's a resource/activity etc then this will be written clearly on the planning xxx is out for xx but should we write the other 'stuff' somewhere to ensure that this does happen and that is is recorded somewhere to show the dreaded obs-planning link?

What do you do?

Thanks

Green Hippo x

Edited by green hippo
  • Like 1

the next steps...or plods!!! are fed into the planning like this......

Short term planning forum.docx

this system works well for us as i find some of our Plods/ns are pse related and therfore not easy to sort an activity for, we do it this way also so that we know how to change our provision. eg if we have lots that need to do f/m writing skills we will have several areas devoted to this. Which means you are planning to your cohort rather than to the 'curriculum' . It is a simplified version of ABC does planning because we are pre-school and have children in a family group (2-5) i have to have something that is very flexible......might give you an idea to work on though!

• Like 3

ha...just wrote a really good reply and then hit the wrong button!!!!!

yes we do it for all children but on a two week cycle (we are pre-school some children only doing 5 hours!) we will assess at the end of the two weeks if we need to reset or carry on for another week if we feel the children have not consolidated their learning.

we then have an environment plan daily which has the activities/areas set out on it...updated daily to reflect what the children need/want to do/but the next step planning is up for everyone to see so all staff know what all children need to be working on all the time...so when my 'bank staff' member comes in tomorrow it is really easy for her to pick up on what's going on even though she hasn't been in for 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I'm never sure what planning formats they use at playgroup but I'm always in the look out for anything that might help. and this looks very simple (not that they need simple!!) :ph34r::D

• Like 1

oh lizr...you probably need it in an older version of word(??) but i tried to convert it and the site won't let me upload......oh heck not very tech minded i'm afraid

cait.....cait....YOHOO CAIT .......OYCait.......CAIT....that should get her attention she's a bit of a superstar with IT...hopefully she'll come to my rescue!!

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)