Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Soggy Sandwiches,,,,no!

finleysmaid

My children were happy with a dried sandwich wrapped in tin foil, it was far better than the salmon and shrimp paste sandwiches I had to suffer and on Friday when mom had run out of bread it was crackers and jam!

• Like 1

OMG....those lunches were amazing but it makes my little heart sink at the thought of the pressure it puts on parents to do this stuff. I remember when we had a healthy eating campaign at school when my son was little and everyone went into hyper drive packing fresh fruit salads and carrot sticks etc....squished ham sandwich I sent looked pathetic but you have to pack food your child is going to eat.

I do worry about trends like this that end up leaving some parents and so ultimately the child feeling sub standard in some way :(

• Like 1

Fortunately most of our children have healthy packed lunches but one child comes i with nothing but processed , straight off the supermarket shelf packaged items, the family are always moaning about lack of money but having worked out the price of it all ,it works out more than a packed lunch, we are all busy and yes we do pack what our kids will eat but really, the point is at snack time this child loves eating all kinds of fruit and veg. I though i might suggest a ' make your own lunch day' where we ask parents for £1.50 and ask the children to help with shopping list and make their own lunch ?? to encourage healthier eating and awareness of where food comes from etc - what do you think??

• Like 1

Fortunately most of our children have healthy packed lunches but one child comes i with nothing but processed , straight off the supermarket shelf packaged items, the family are always moaning about lack of money but having worked out the price of it all ,it works out more than a packed lunch, we are all busy and yes we do pack what our kids will eat but really, the point is at snack time this child loves eating all kinds of fruit and veg. I though i might suggest a ' make your own lunch day' where we ask parents for £1.50 and ask the children to help with shopping list and make their own lunch ?? to encourage healthier eating and awareness of where food comes from etc - what do you think??

I think that's a brilliant idea - go for it :1b

• Like 1