Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Displaying Birthdays

We used to have three brightly coloured pictures of birthday cakes, one had 2 candles and the number two and same for three and four. We then used to put the childs picture around whichever age they were. They used to really enjoy moving their picture up when it was their birthday. We also put a label of their birth date on their picture.

• Like 1

What I've done to good effect is to have twelve plant pot cut outs, these the children decorated, then each child made a flower to place in them on a wall display. The centre of the flower was a picture of them with their date of birth. If this is at child height it works well, and when they leave they can take their flower with them as a memento.

Sue

• Like 2

Yes we have balloons too, with name stickers on, this replaced the train. Now thinking I might do plant pot with a sunflower - "birthdays this month", although that would mean constantly remembering to change it .....

What I've done to good effect is to have twelve plant pot cut outs, these the children decorated, then each child made a flower to place in them on a wall display. The centre of the flower was a picture of them with their date of birth. If this is at child height it works well, and when they leave they can take their flower with them as a memento.

Sue

What a lovely idea! :1b

I did one with giant ladybirds, one for each month of the year. Photos of children who had a birthday in that month were cut to fit on the spots.

Another one was an underwater scene with a fish for each month, the children's photos were bubbles blowing out of the relevant fish's mouth.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)