Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Food Hygiene Qualification

dreamgirl

The course is supposed to take 3 hours but it is possible to do it quicker. I got 96% on the test at the end so not too difficult.

We have been told ny our EYFS consultant that not everyone needs to do an 'official' qualification. We can send key members of staff on it but they can then cascade the training down to rest of us and that is ok

• Like 1

If you are members of the preschool learning alliance, I think food hygiene is one of the courses they are offer ending for free through educare. If not, theirs is worth looking at, it was very good and the multiple choice questions made it easier to complete. Learn hq do one as well, but that was lightly more exprnsive, but you can get multi user so everyone can do it at work.

• Like 2

We were told the same Rachael1820, only needed a couple trained and could In house train others, also advised to get the 'safer food, better business' pack which was free from EHA, and actually very good, (also has a disc with it and lots of recording forms) also advised to keep a staff register when they,d all read it.

Think PLA online was £15.

Staff in my setting all completed the SaferFood course (as per KirstC's link above).

Multiple choice and very quick and easy

Print off your own certificate.

I think it was £14.40 including vat if you are not a member

• Like 1

And our LEA says everyone who prepares snacks has to do it, but then they always said this when EYFS was first implemented, the difference this time round is we've been able to do a 3 hour level 1 course whereas 3 years ago it was a 6hours level 2 and that was far too in depth for what we needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep same here, online course as above members, Safer Food PDF as above and read most of it.. and all we do is dish out food onto plates! We wear gloves,hats and aprons and wash the utensils etc.. not really much to it, and i never came to any harm when younger! But it is best practice we need to be seen to be doing!!

If you ask me, yes it's needed, and the online course information is good to know.. but somebody is making a lot of money from providing these online courses.. hmmm if only i could set my own online course up :rolleyes: ££££ :D

i spoke directly with our EHO only went to pick up a safer food better business pack - she came to meet me personally and was really helpful - I explained about the myth of everyone needed to do training and she said for what we do only one person needed to be traied and info to e cascaded down - she said the pack was actually a good training tool .

i spoke directly with our EHO only went to pick up a safer food better business pack - she came to meet me personally and was really helpful - I explained about the myth of everyone needed to do training and she said for what we do only one person needed to be traied and info to e cascaded down - she said the pack was actually a good training tool .

Snap!

She was more concerned that someone should have the H&S level 3. (think this is an essex thing)

x

• Like 1

We have used the safer food pack for in house training and been on a course. 1 staff member has done on line training and 2 more doing it. Our authority has it available as part of our training package. The coure they are providing on line is the NDNA one. We also had a EHspot check and got a L5 so we are very chuffed. xD

Thanks Kirsty just took logged on to the saferfood , got caught out on 2 answers so not bad, I passed which is the main thing and it wasn't too time consuming. I tried the fast track to test myself first, it's surprising how much you retain from years back, and I only had 2 amber areas so read their brief summaries first then refreshed on all the others- 10 areas in all I think - but cheap and instant download of certificate, just got to laminate it now ready for display.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)