Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Second Settings

Hello!

I'm about to start contacting settings who have a child attending their Nursery as well as our Pre-school. Normally i send a welcome letter, introduce myself and ask for a recent progress update of the child but i very rarely get any response not matter how much chasing up i do!

Does anyone have a questionnaire/pro forma they're happy to share as i'm wondering if settings would be happier to complete one of these and return it to us?

Thank you in advance x

• Like 1

I don't have a proforma but i think you have hit the nail on the head. From experience i think sme settings are not sure/confident on writing reports.

I do feel this is not an excuse not to reply even a telephone call, maybe you coud try a call instead?

It is also part of the EYFS requirements that a report is sent on perhaps for setting s that do not reply you could contact your SIP or eyat to push this for you as they will have contact with the settings .

I agree! I do feel some settings are worried about passing on their reports so just ignore you.

I do chase them up with phone calls and i keep a record book of when i emailed or called them and who the contact was made with. I then show this to Ofsted when they ask about working with second settings. I do 'name and shame' to our development officers too as i do get fed up of these outstanding settings ignoring you or refusing to let you in!

• Like 1

we also have this problem, i prefer for any info to come via parents, but sometimes i ask parents and they don't have a clue what i'm asking for, and assure me the other setting 'doesn't have anything like that' yet they are good or better in the eyes of ofsted. I think it would be a good idea to have something you send to them, I may just adapt the one we send (which has just been changed for new eyfs)provider info sharing 2012.doc.

• Like 1

I have tried via parents too! We have an information sharing book with one setting that we were very pleased to receive but for the past 6 months it has only been us writing in it. It's so frustrating. Why start these things if you'll get bored with it after 6 months?

Your info sharing looks fab Mouse 63. I'll give sheets a go and see what i get back.

Why are we the only keen ones to share information???

• Like 1

I had exactly the same! 3 parents had not been told about the transfer docs to school let alone shown them by their 'main settings'.

With the revised EYFS saying the 'main setting' will carry out the assessments etc i don't think i could trust anyone else to do as thorough a job as we are.

we also have this problem, i prefer for any info to come via parents, but sometimes i ask parents and they don't have a clue what i'm asking for, and assure me the other setting 'doesn't have anything like that' yet they are good or better in the eyes of ofsted. I think it would be a good idea to have something you send to them, I may just adapt the one we send (which has just been changed for new eyfs)provider info sharing 2012.doc.

Thank you for sharing :1b

• Like 1

Thank you for that. Would you do that each term? We currently have 'KEYPIE' notebooks for discussion between two providers, but as you say, it starts off well, then there's just us writing in it!

This is the one we use (will be updating it to new eyfs over the summer though!), we send one to other settings half termly - more often if there is a big change, we don't have many shared care children but out of 9 I've sent out we have had 1 reply!

Thanks for sharing :1b

I really like these, have struggled (haven't we all) to get systems in place as no-one seems willing to share!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work Lawchaz, wouldn't you think these outstanding setting would be willing to be more transparent and help improve other settings around to improve the outcomes for children. I suppose it probably comes down to money as usual and not wanting other settings in the area to improve too much!!

Thanks to all that share their forms and ideas.. it is a pleasure to be amongst decent people :wub:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)