Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Please! Progress Wheel!

Hi All,

I've been on the 'Implementation of the EYFS revised framework for childminders' training course today and we were shown a 'Progress Wheel' to use instead of highlighting the DM and our trainer told us we could find a 'progress wheel' on this site!

Can anyone please point me towards it, I've tried searching and searching and searced a little bit more but maybe i'm missing something but I cannot find one anywhere!!

Thank you in advance!

Sam x

Are you in essex by any chance. If so go to the essex forum and you will find it there.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Gezabel! Is this a possible share with the rest of us - what is a progress wheel, - is it the same as "the 3 characteristics of learning?

By the way, welcome to the forum Sam

• Like 1

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Gezabel! Is this a possible share with the rest of us - what is a progress wheel, - is it the same as "the 3 characteristics of learning?

By the way, welcome to the forum Sam

iIts not the same as the COL but is a way of checking children's progress in the areas of learning by months. been around for sometime but Essex has just updated it. It came about with Tracking Children's Progress.

Smiles

• Like 1

Thanks for your help and also all your welcomes to the forums!!

I may be being completely dense here, but I can't find an Essex forum, You are right though, I am in Essex!

X

I may be being completely dense here, but I can't find an Essex forum, You are right though, I am in Essex!

X

I thought you must be as the only progress wheel i know is something produced by them!

You are not dense at all. Did you subscribe through the LEA scheme. If you paid to join then you won't get automatic access to the essex forum. Essex pay for practitioners to be members of this fantastic forum and the Essex page just 'comes up' at the top of my FsF page.

Panders you know me I would love to share but I don't know that I can without permission - if I am allowed then I will post.

Edited by Gezabel
  • Like 1

Personally I find the wheel confusing and messy looking, especially now it has more lines on it. (but then again I like straight lines!).

Going of topic-

........... if I post in the Essex forum section- can it only be seen in Essex? (or should I say by Essex users).

X

Hi Sam

I will respond to your email in my inbox shortly but don't worry will soon have your Essex membership sorted out :D

Best wishes

Sue

Admin Team

Personally I find the wheel confusing and messy looking, especially now it has more lines on it. (but then again I like straight lines!).

Going of topic-

........... if I post in the Essex forum section- can it only be seen in Essex? (or should I say by Essex users).

Hi Louby Loo

In answer to your question.....content in a local authority forum area can only be seen by the members who join as part of that local authority scheme.

Content shared in the LA forum areas is often specific to the LA, for example if a local authority training event was shared nationally and then all these excited people tried to access the training only to be told it is only for Essex peeps that would be very frustrating.

I appreciate that sometimes an item shared in an LA area could be useful to other FSF members but if it is owned by the LA and they have the copyright of it then it would be unfair on the authority to share it.

Look on the bight side, at least your LA are lovely and pay your FSF membership :D

Hello Sue, I am also funded by Essex but cannot find how to access Essex forum and progress wheel. Many thanks.

Hi bubblejack

Can you click here 'Forum index'

At the top of the screen you should now see 'Your local authority forum area' and Essex

The Progress Wheel topic is in the Essex section

I think your 'Official FSF Saint' status knocked out your Essex permission but hopefully all back now.

Let me know if you still can't see it.

Sue

• 2 months later...

hi

did u find the progree wheel...if so please point me in the right direction just had a visit from my dp worker and have been directed here but can not find...

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well to further muddy the waters I am in Essex but haven't got their progress wheel as I had heard it was for overall areas (PSED, PD CL etc...) and I wanted something to show each individual area (PD-Movement&Handling PSED-Self Care etc...) because I have found often children may have areas of strength within a larger area of learning which is not reflected if you haven't got those on there. I have created my own wheel and I believe I am not the only one to have made a plit Area of Learning wheel. I am happy to share it but if a moderator thinks that the concept of a progress wheel should belong solely to Essex then please feel free to take it down.

Mel

x

PS My own copy has the school name underneath the Developmental Wheel title - I created it in Publisher but turned it into a PDF

ProgressWheelWithSplitAoL-NoSchoolName.pdf

Edited by Melcatfish
  • Like 1

Wished I seen your one earlier. Ive them off for my group but prefer this copy. Might take a copy in tomorrow to see whcih one everyone prefers. Its new to us as we used to do it in a chart format so trying to make it easier for everyone.

Are you based in Essex Sarahkay? If so you should have a section at the top of the forum index page specifically for your area. (We all have one) you should be able to find the link in your local forum. If you can't find it, pm Sue who will set you right

Tried to find the essex log in too and the progress wheel mentioned here can you help?

Hi Sarah

Unless there is something very strange going on you are a full member of the forum under the terms of the Oldham scheme....have you moved?

If not then I am afraid you cannot access the Essex forum area as you are not in Essex just as Essex folk cannot access the Oldham forum area that you see at the top of your forum index page under 'Your local authority forum'

Hope that helps but pm me or email me on sue@eyfs.info if you need further assistance.

Sue

Admin Team

• Like 1

Well to further muddy the waters I am in Essex but haven't got their progress wheel as I had heard it was for overall areas (PSED, PD CL etc...) and I wanted something to show each individual area (PD-Movement&Handling PSED-Self Care etc...) because I have found often children may have areas of strength within a larger area of learning which is not reflected if you haven't got those on there. I have created my own wheel and I believe I am not the only one to have made a plit Area of Learning wheel. I am happy to share it but if a moderator thinks that the concept of a progress wheel should belong solely to Essex then please feel free to take it down.

Mel

x

PS My own copy has the school name underneath the Developmental Wheel title - I created it in Publisher but turned it into a PDF

Thank you very much for sharing.Would it be possible for the publisher version, many thanks in anticipation.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)