Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lucky Escape?!

sunnyday

Very, very windy here today......

We were all in our outdoor area .........when we heard a creaking, groaning sound - my deputy realised what was happening first........a huge Silver Birch tree was falling in the garden next door :o ........first thought was 'oh no the children missed it' :( second thought 'it missed the children' :o :blink: xD .......

Seriously - if it had fallen in a different direction it could have crashed through the fence and landed on us!

Phew!

Edit - because I used the wrong 'through'/'threw'!!!

Edited by sunnyday

Strong winds and sideways rain here in sunny Cumbria! Preschool trip today to an open farm thingmy. Welles and waterproofs on and thank goodness for the indoor playbarn!

I love silver birch, they are my favourite of all the trees, I bet the owner is very sad this evening!

But yes, I know hat you mean about thinking 'oh they missed it!'. Jolly fortunate that it fell the other way!

• Like 1

Strong winds and sideways rain here in sunny Cumbria! Preschool trip today to an open farm thingmy. Welles and waterproofs on and thank goodness for the indoor playbarn!

I love silver birch, they are my favourite of all the trees, I bet the owner is very sad this evening!

But yes, I know hat you mean about thinking 'oh they missed it!'. Jolly fortunate that it fell the other way!

I really like Silver Birch too........but I'd rather not be wearing one! :oxD :lol: xD

I think the owner will be feeling sad - but will probably be relieved that it didn't fall on her house, greenhouse, swimming pool, barn - or us! :1b

Wow Sunnyday - must admit to being blown to bits out there this morning did cross my mind that something might fly into us. Any chance of any off cuts from the tree for the children to use, ours love to have them as stepping stones etc.

I really like Silver Birch too........but I'd rather not be wearing one! :oxD :lol: xD

I think the owner will be feeling sad - but will probably be relieved that it didn't fall on her house, greenhouse, swimming pool, barn - or us! :1b

"swimming pool"? It's a different world down there, isn't it?!

• Like 2

Wow Sunnyday - must admit to being blown to bits out there this morning did cross my mind that something might fly into us. Any chance of any off cuts from the tree for the children to use, ours love to have them as stepping stones etc.

xD Get in line my furry friend! :1b

Guest MaryEMac

Glad the tree missed you Sunnyday. It's getting a bit windy here now, I keep checking that the playgroup washing is still on the line.

Mary

Lucky escape.

Cait, I thought Cumbria was a swimming pool! ;)

It pretty much is this evening, flood barriers are at the ready all over the place and the river at Cockermouth is quite high already. Luckily Zebedee isn't on call tonight - but he's had a heck of a day of it!

It pretty much is this evening, flood barriers are at the ready all over the place and the river at Cockermouth is quite high already. Luckily Zebedee isn't on call tonight - but he's had a heck of a day of it!

Hope all is well?