Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Red Felt Tip Pens

At our After School Club we use felt tips for colouring in. At the begining of the year we have 4 of each colour of pen. With in two weeks all of the red pens have dissapeared. When we replace the red ones they dissapear again. This has been happening for several years. When I asked the class teachers they all said the same happens in their classes.

Does this happen in other settings?

Does anyone know where to buy affordable red felt tip pens by themselves?

Thanks.

xD :lol: xD We always end up with loads of green and purple pens! Red, yellow and orange run out first for us.........hmmmm but they don't vanish in to thin air :blink: xD :lol: xD

Same I assume the children are attracted to these colours above all else, or black - and these are the ones that get used up first or left out without lids to dry out ------- (pet hate)

• Like 1

At our After School Club we use felt tips for colouring in. At the begining of the year we have 4 of each colour of pen. With in two weeks all of the red pens have dissapeared. When we replace the red ones they dissapear again. This has been happening for several years. When I asked the class teachers they all said the same happens in their classes.

Does this happen in other settings?

Does anyone know where to buy affordable red felt tip pens by themselves?

Thanks.

Do the teachers mark the children's books in red - if so then my guess is the children are hiding them 'cos they don't want the teachers using them!!! :unsure:

Guest MaryEMac

My deputy had the children for circle time and just before they got up to play she produced a whiteboard marker. Each child was asked to take the lid off and put it back on again. They all did it with no problem so she said to them that there was no excuse for leaving the tops off anymore. It was a good try but not totally successful.

Mary

I buy a new box of coloured biros for the staff each term (different colour for different term) by the end of term they have always gone :o but my other problem is blu tac.......i get through masses of it! Where does it go?????? :blink:

I buy a new box of coloured biros for the staff each term (different colour for different term) by the end of term they have always gone :o but my other problem is blu tac.......i get through masses of it! Where does it go?????? :blink:

Oh yes I'm with you on the blu-tack.........wonder if we could invest in some shares with the makers :blink: :1b

I used to hide blutak everywhere so I would know where it was but it did need to be well hidden and above child height. Unfortunately then the staff saw where I was hiding it and it started to disappear again so I couldn't just blame the children!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)