Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Been Due Our Inspection For A While... Do You Think They Will Wait Til

We have been expecting Ofsted now since the beginning of February 2012 and really did expect to have seen them by now. It is now mid May and although it "keeps us on our toes" so to speak, it is still rather nerve racking!!

After reading also that suitable persons might be abolished from September 2012, and our new manager has also been expecting one for a while also, it was rumoured they would carry out this suitable persons during our inspection, it is really looking like they might not actually come until after the changes? Otherwise is their "much" point, has i would imagine they need to re-visit once the changes has been implemented?

I could be totally wrong, and we still expect a visit, but it just got be wondering :rolleyes:

What do you think?

I don't think they'll be re-visit after the changes have been implemented - we were inspected a year before the EYFS became statutory and then the next inspection was at the appropriate time.

I'm a bit out of the loop though with Ofsted now that I've closed my nursery. There was a thread on here a while ago to see who could win the virtual trophy for most overdue inspection - it was interesting to see how long some groups had gone between inspections.

Whenever they come, it sounds as if you're ready for them: in my view you'd be better off being inspected now under the old framework than in September when you're getting to grips with the new EYFS. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :P

We have been expecting Ofsted now since the beginning of February 2012 and really did expect to have seen them by now. It is now mid May and although it "keeps us on our toes" so to speak, it is still rather nerve racking!!

I feel your pain.......I know all about waiting and waiting and waiting and then a little more waiting :blink: :D

Good luck - sure it will all be fine when they do eventually get to you! :1b

I'm a bit out of the loop though with Ofsted now that I've closed my nursery. There was a thread on here a while ago to see who could win the virtual trophy for most overdue inspection - it was interesting to see how long some groups had gone between inspections.

Remind me did I win a prize?! :blink: xD

Edited by sunnyday

It's my understanding that the three year cycle of inspections ends on August 31st 2012, so everyone will have had their inspections by then. Then, a whole new era begins!

It has been 4 years in february since our last inspection. We believed it was a 3 year cycle, but it changed to a 4 year cycle apparently/?? I wasn't around the last time the setting got inspected tbh. My mum owns the setting and naturally she dealt with it. So im unsure when to expect them now, but i know its extremely close!!

I have also heard that from the beginning of July Ofsted are "in training" and won't be making visits???

Please don't ask where i get my info ;) to be honest it's from our Early Years Advisers that tells the manager who relays it to me.. so won't take it has gospel!! :D

We really just want Ofsted to come because we are soo prepared now.. especially with the Safeguarding side of things :P

We were due in Nov 2011 - if the 3 yr cycle is still correct. Worried that they have not been yet as I am on holiday in a couple of weeks and I know I won't relax while I am away worrying incase they visit. Has anyone else heard it's gone to 4 years?

I spoke to an inspector 2 months ago and she spoke of the 4 year cycle. She said if we had already been inspected under the EYFS we wont be inspected again until the revised one comes into force

Well looks like mixed reviews on this then.. well either way it is all good. I think these changes to the EYFS will be a positive thing, and lets wait and see for all the comments from September especially!!

just digging this back up, because we still haven't had them visit us yet, our nerves are shattered!! :(

Even though everything runs smooth and well and we want them to come and grade us, but it is still very hard to calm the nerves!!

just digging this back up, because we still haven't had them visit us yet, our nerves are shattered!! :(

Even though everything runs smooth and well and we want them to come and grade us, but it is still very hard to calm the nerves!!

Hi Boltonnurseries, do you close over the summer? If yes, and you are feeling brave, you could always call Ofsted and let them know your term dates and see if that prompts anything!!

Hi EYFS1966 thanks for your question and advice. No we do not shut over the summer, although it would be nice! lol

Yes calling them could prompt them i suppose, and i suppose i could just be blunt and ask why we hadn't been inspected for so long.. but i am not brave enough haha!!

We are kept on our toes i guess..

Hi EYFS1966 thanks for your question and advice. No we do not shut over the summer, although it would be nice! lol

Yes calling them could prompt them i suppose, and i suppose i could just be blunt and ask why we hadn't been inspected for so long.. but i am not brave enough haha!!

We are kept on our toes i guess..

Totally understand, I couldn't do it either!!!!

Hi,

We've always had our inspections every 3 years in the month of March. However, they were due in March last year, so we've waited for a long time for them to turn up and they did, when we were closed due to no heating in January!!! (I had actually informed them of the closure so they shouldn't really have turned up when they did) We all felt so sick that we now had to wait even longer. They turned up last Monday! What a relief. We are now enjoying getting ready for our Jubilee party without the fear Ofsted might turn up and distract us! And we are happy with the result, Very nice ladies and our children were great.

Tell me about the nerves, however we have to go through inspection yearly :-(