Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rain, Rain And More Rain

sunnyday

Not sure about anyone else, but my mind seems to have skipped 'summer'! I think it must have been due to that couple of sunny/hot weather weeks........ every now and again I start thinking about winter/christmas activities!!!!!

xxx

:o :o :o :o :o :blink: :DxD :lol: xD

Not sure about anyone else, but my mind seems to have skipped 'summer'! I think it must have been due to that couple of sunny/hot weather weeks........ every now and again I start thinking about winter/christmas activities!!!!!

xxx

Half and half - a friend just called to ask for suggestions for a Hawaian fancy dress evening she's due to go to at the weekend as apparently I'm the person who has everything!?. I suggested a thermal hula skirt made out of strips of neoprene cut from an old wet suit - covered all eventualities I thought!

• Like 3

What is it with you?! We were outside between 9.30 and 12.45 today, in the rain.

Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder

(Swedish for the saying so often used about outdoor learning - the one about bad clothing.)

Perhaps I should have invested in some waders xD There was one dry bit of my jeans - the waistband.

I could use the leaking coat to justify buying a new one I suppose.

Hawaii! Now there's an idea Sunnyday! What do you reckon?

Paris is cest magnifique so he said - panders loan me your stick or send me the directions for making one !!
:P

This isn't what I was hoping to hear. My friend is doing in gig in Paris tonight and I was soo tempted to get on a plane and go and see her. Imagine going to Paris for the day, in the sunshine. With great music thrown in. Oh dear. :( But on the bright side, at least I won't have to explain myself to Upsy's daughter who would no doubt have loved to come with me! :P

• Like 1

This isn't what I was hoping to hear. My friend is doing in gig in Paris tonight and I was soo tempted to get on a plane and go and see her. Imagine going to Paris for the day, in the sunshine. With great music thrown in. Oh dear. :( But on the bright side, at least I won't have to explain myself to Upsy's daughter who would no doubt have loved to come with me! :P

Oh I would NEVER have heard the last of that one!!!

Sorry you didn't end up going, Maz but PHEW, I'm quite relieved you didn't!

• 3 weeks later...

Did I mention that I am sooooooooooooooooo fed up with this weather! :ph34r::(

Today in my corner of Kent we have experienced lovely blue skys, rain, hail, gale force winds and a thunderstorm - all in one day for goodness sake :blink: hasn't snowed yet - but I guess there's still time..........

My poor plants that I 'put in' at the weekend have taken a real 'battering' today :(

I have my central heating on and my wood burner alight........

Someone please tell me that you have seen a long-range forecast and it's all going to get better very soon :1b

I have been doing the school run twice a day for 12 years and I don't generally mind any sort of weather usually. I just make sure we all have appropriate clothing and get on with it.

The problem is this is starting to feel unfair. I am getting fed up of getting soaked every day. I am sick of having the pushchair in the hall drying and I'm beginning to think my new trainers are going to follow rapidly the way of my old ones which were ruined a couple of weeks ago if I keep getting caught unawares.

I think we've earned a couple of weeks of sunshine now haven't we? We had some at the weekend which was nice because I had nice company to share it with ;) and enjoyed watching the new puppy bounding through the long grass without ending up like a drowned rat. I'd just like a little bit more.

• Like 1