Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Easter Cards

Froglet

I want to ask opinions please - especially anyone who's a parent. We made Easter cards today - we talked about what things reminded us of Easter then I gave them the backing paper cut to a size which will fit on a folded card and they put whatever they liked on the front in the media of their choice. There were lots of collage chocolate bunnies, drawn easter eggs with beautiful patterns on etc etc etc.

Most are already stuck to cards and pegged up in the classroom looking lovely.

I have 3 little ones though for whom 'picture making' isn't a strong point and what they have produced is a swirl of colours covering their backing paper completely.

They are happy with their work and can tell me what they painted, I am happy to mount on the cards and send home but I'm worried that some other members of staff/some parents might be a little less than complimentary. What would you do? To ask them to do it again would (I feel) devalue what they have done and I'd love it because they made it but I'm not sure whether to bow to pressure or not.

Any suggestions?

If some members of staff or parents are less than complimentary I think it is terribly terribly sad :( Isn't it about celebrating children's effort, participation and achievement. The swirls of colour sound wonderful I would without doubt send them as they are. :D

Definitely leave them as they are. Sometimes when I've been doing projects like this I've written on the back of the card/canvas/picture what the child has said about their creation. Parents have valued the extra insight into what the picture was all about - especially when there very very few clues an adult could interpret correctly! ;)

No uncomplimentary comments at all and only lots of 'ahs' as my class walked out to our whole school Easter celebrations wearing the Easter crowns we made this morning. In fact, passing Y6s were heard to say "They made Easter hats! Why can't we make easter hats?!"

One of ours has been dropped in our paper bin I noticed this evening. Didn't even take it and put it in their own bin! Extremely disheartening. (I have to say, I 'rescued' it and it's in the child's learning folder, along with an annotation along the lines of " I had a lot of fun making my bunny card for Easter, I used a template to draw round and cut it out all by myself. I coloured it carefully with the black crayon and wrote my name and lots of kisses inside it. I was very excited to give it to Mummy at hometime"

• Like 1

One of ours has been dropped in our paper bin I noticed this evening. Didn't even take it and put it in their own bin! Extremely disheartening. (I have to say, I 'rescued' it and it's in the child's learning folder, along with an annotation along the lines of " I had a lot of fun making my bunny card for Easter, I used a template to draw round and cut it out all by myself. I coloured it carefully with the black crayon and wrote my name and lots of kisses inside it. I was very excited to give it to Mummy at hometime"

:o:( Oh that's so sad...........but good for you for adding it to her folder and with such a great comment! :1b

Love the comment!