Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational File

I am due to start my maternity in around 12 weeks time and I am very happy that I have a fantastic staff member taking over my role as currently was dreading it if my deputy had too.

However she has only been in the setting 3 months but has already done a lot more than my deputy has done in 2 years. She's very confident with the EYFS etc

My plan is to put an operational file together as Ofsted is due in September :o and i'll still be on maternity. The idea behind this is that Ofsted can see the progress we have made over the last few years and it will be easier than her having to explain it all. I have the list from the resources area as well as my own ideas too.

Does anyone else still have an operational file or do you suggest I use something else?

Well we've always had an OP - like Deb it was somewhere everything was kept. HUGH folder.

Then during the summer I made a simple 4 page chart using the four principle into practice headings.

Under each area (so 16 in total) I wrote how we covered it (very basic -3-4 word statements) I then put where the evidence could be found.......... again 1-2 word statements.

When Ofsted came last Sept she loved it! Everything on 4 A4 sheets with clear directions on where to find the evidence.

I'm still plucking up the courage to remove the original OP - but with space at a premium, and always having more things to display/keep (ENCO folders etc) it going to go soon!!!!!..........maybe even tomorrow now I've been reminded about it.

xx

Well we've always had an OP - like Deb it was somewhere everything was kept. HUGH folder.

Then during the summer I made a simple 4 page chart using the four principle into practice headings.

Under each area (so 16 in total) I wrote how we covered it (very basic -3-4 word statements) I then put where the evidence could be found.......... again 1-2 word statements.

When Ofsted came last Sept she loved it! Everything on 4 A4 sheets with clear directions on where to find the evidence.

I'm still plucking up the courage to remove the original OP - but with space at a premium, and always having more things to display/keep (ENCO folders etc) it going to go soon!!!!!..........maybe even tomorrow now I've been reminded about it.

xx

I actually have this already as I did something similar last year - now to find it amongst my ever many files lol

xx

I think I've lost it :o here is hoping I still have a copy in the file though I have a feeling I took it out to update xD:(

I'm was wondering, and being very cheeky too, if you could let me have a glimse of one of these four sheets please just to get the gist of what you mean as I am having trouble trying to visualise what would be on it. Thank you, I do have sever brain ache just now. :o

I'm was wondering, and being very cheeky too, if you could let me have a glimse of one of these four sheets please just to get the gist of what you mean as I am having trouble trying to visualise what would be on it. Thank you, I do have sever brain ache just now. :o

Was just going to say I'll upload it from my work laptop however as luck would have it I still have it on mine :)

The intial idea was not mine however I have ammended it to work for us. I am however in the middle of reviewing mine and going to add to it.

Learning_overview___review.docx

• Like 1

Was just going to say I'll upload it from my work laptop however as luck would have it I still have it on mine :)

The intial idea was not mine however I have ammended it to work for us. I am however in the middle of reviewing mine and going to add to it.

Oh :( I can't open - would love to have a look xD Could anyone 'convert' it for me - please, pretty please :o

I shall try and upload our one later - slightly different from sazzj's but sort of the same thing!!!

..............and I did it today!! got rid of the old massive OP - I am so proud of myself! :oxD:(

Now,.... just need to try and find were I filed the document on the computer.. :( :wacko: :(

I shall try and upload our one later - slightly different from sazzj's but sort of the same thing!!!

..............and I did it today!! got rid of the old massive OP - I am so proud of myself! :oxD:(

Now,.... just need to try and find were I filed the document on the computer.. :( :wacko: :(

Wooohooo mine got shredded too lol as I have a master file anyway lol

Suddenly had a brain wave on the poss title of it lol

Now that is my problem!..... I think of what I think is an 'obvious' title- but two months down the line can never remember what I could possibly have called it........ :(

When I 'save' things I have such a clear plan of filing...... :oxD

I have just uploaded one (as all four saved separately!)

I think I'll use this format for the file as I can say where things are easier and use mine for parents board and to have inside the room as a reminder.

Thank you for sharing

Enco = Equalities Named Co-ordinator, well I think it is! :o

Equalites needs co ordinator - ie promoting inclusivity, as well as ensuring any multicultural and gender issues are understood by all staff

sorry to jump in but i too have to start an operational plan and have been told that i need to have every form (as a master) in there with an index so if OFSTED were to come in, we can hand them the file and they can have a look through. BUT... Are some or you now actually gettin rid of your operational plans? and putting something into place?

sorry to sound dump, but if i dont ask, i wont know? lol

Thanks