Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bookshelf Collections.

Hi all -

Just to remind you that if you buy books or other goods via Amazon please consider visiting Amazon via our book recommendations page (the bookshelf). In October we began using the Amazon Associates scheme, which gives us revenues for each item bought by clicking through to their site. We donate these revenues to charity and keep a running total on the page so you can see how much is being collected.

I've just put the first total up on the page - not a massive amount, but every little helps, and of course December is often a busy shopping month for some reason! :o

So can I just clarify: if I click the link, which then takes me to my own Amazon page, any book I buy will mean a donation is made to the FSF, even though it says welcome back Jacquie, and of course I have my own account. Is it only for books or for anything I buy when I click through from here?

Glad you both approve both! Scarlett I think it applies to anything once you've clicked through to Amazon - but I'll keep an eye on it. We seem to have earned around 25p from a set of shelf brackets during the last month, which are certainly not listed! :o

Jacquie, I think it will do it even though it jumps to your logged in account. But I'm not sure. If you could PM me next time you have bought something after clicking through from the bookshelf page I should be able to find the purchase and see if it has accrued revenues. Then we'll know for sure!

If it sounds like I'm not an expert in Amazon Associates procedures, then that's a pretty accurate description of my situation...

Now that I'm not raising funds for my nursery, I use easyfundraising to support SANDS in support of one of my nursery families. So long as you go through the link it should raise a donation on anything you buy.

What a great way to support a good cause!

Ok well I've ordered 4 books one of which is " I want my Hat back." :o

What type of a hat are we looking for then? Is someone teasing you and won't give you back your hat or have you really lost it? Where were you when you saw it last? it's bound to be in the last place you look (why would you carry on looking after you found it anyway!)

Has Steve hidden your hat?

• Like 1

What type of a hat are we looking for then? Is someone teasing you and won't give you back your hat or have you really lost it? Where were you when you saw it last? it's bound to be in the last place you look (why would you carry on looking after you found it anyway!)

Has Steve hidden your hat?

Seems the hat been found then! :oxD

Will it work if I kindle buy?

I don't know if kindle purchases work louby lou. If you buy a kindle book could you PM me and let me know and I'll check if it shows up?

So just to clarify, I've hidden a hat around the Forum somewhere. So, the first person who posts here with its location will earn £10 to be added onto the charity donation total.

Yes I see what you mean Sunnyday! There are a few children related to you who are going to be happy this Christmas...

So, just to keep you up to date, it seems pretty much everything you buy on the Amazon site itself accrues revenues, but sponsored links don't. That turns into an extra £6.81 between 2nd December and today (plus of course the £15 for finding Jacquie's hat!).

So not too shabby! When we get close to our first £100 we'll decide on which specific charity to donate to. I think it should be a children related charity (The FSF has donated to the NSPCC in the past) but perhaps we should have a poll, since it's your purchases that are creating the funds?

Just to answer earlier queries, it seems Kindle and third party purchases do count in terms of revenues. I can't see any reason why I shouldn't give you a picture of the FSF charity revenues generated since I posted about this on the 2nd December (there is no personal information available to me either, by the way), so here's a screenshot of the purchases and revenues since the 2nd:

associates.png

If that's interesting to people I could post it regularly?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm feeling guilty that I haven't gone and totalled up the amount and put it on the bookshelf page sunnyday. With the upgrade and other excitement it keeps getting put back down the to-do list.

But I will do soon, and was thinking of putting the running total on the forum index sidebar as well so people can keep track of it. :1b

• Like 1

I'm feeling guilty that I haven't gone and totalled up the amount and put it on the bookshelf page sunnyday. With the upgrade and other excitement it keeps getting put back down the to-do list.

But I will do soon, and was thinking of putting the running total on the forum index sidebar as well so people can keep track of it. :1b

Speaking of 'feeling guilty'.......I bought two CDs last week and forgot to order through 'the bookshelf' :(:D

• 3 months later...

I've been feeling very guilty about this. I really need to go and tot it all up and let you know what the current amount is. I think the best thing to do is show Sue how to do it - that way it will actually get done! :ph34r:

• Like 1

I've been feeling very guilty about this. I really need to go and tot it all up and let you know what the current amount is. I think the best thing to do is show Sue how to do it - that way it will actually get done! :ph34r:

xD :lol: xD:o Sorry Sue! :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, no-one can accuse me of not being a champion procrastinator! As part of the FSF upgrade (due to take place next Tuesday, and about which I'll be posting elsewhere today) we've arranged for a permanent presence for the current totals for bookshelf donations to the NSPCC.

I've totted up what we have made so far and (including the £15 donation from this mini-competition involving JacquieL's hat) it comes to £131.33. We'll be topping this up to £150 and are sending off a cheque today.

The upgrade means it will be far easier to keep this total updated and visible, especially since I'll be passing on the job to Sue. As you all know, if you give the job to Sue it's far more likely to be done than if you leave it with me! :ph34r:

Here's a little screenshot of the way it will look:

Tap85.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)