Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Messy Play

We often did....sensitive skin version and as said just be aware if you have a child with eczema or other skin condition.

We always found it great fun and brilliant fun flattening it out and mark making. We had some combs that were meant for painting...you know the ones you drag across paint and they make different lines etc...we used them in the foam amongst other things

Have fun

We've done this a lot and I agree with Susan - we use Tesco's value shaving foam as if doesn't have a strong fragrance like many of the others. We've never had any problems with it. We use it directly on the table as it gives a really smooth surface for mark-making.

Beehive

we used it.. just supervised and ensured they rinsed well afterwards it can be drying...

could always use soap flakes whisked into warm water gives a similar effect...or grated baby soap also works in warm water..

or we sometimes used shower gel which comes in an aerosol , think it is imperial leather that do one, not sure.. but it comes out as gel and when put with wet hands changes to a foam .

so long as it is supervised we never had a problem... it was a great way to get the water tray really clean by putting it in there...

Well we've used it loads of times with no problems

HOWEVER.. I have read somewhere (another forum that I can't remember name of) that in one setting a staff member had an asthma attack which then led to a lenghy discussion on how safe it is to use.

We still use it though- we risk assess and we avoid if we have any asthma sufferers in just to be on safe side.

Edited by louby loo

We use a children's crazy foam which I buy at Tesco's, it holds it's shape very well, children like to make snowmen from it etc. it is fraganced tho. but not in that strong manly way that shaving foam could be. We havn't had any allergic/intolerant reactions to it.

We use it, but risk assess if any child has allergies. My own son had a hive reaction to shaving foam play in Foundation, it was pretty bad, but he did cover himself in it! He had really bad hives resulting in bruising, but he had no known allergies nor skin conditions prior to it, so no-one could have known. He does now wonder if he'll have to grow a beard when he is older as he thinks he'll never be able to use shaving foam!! (he is now 9!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)