Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

No Luck

I have been feeling a little down this week. I was hoping that I would have my first mindies when the holidays started and I have heard nothing :o .

I know its going to take a while but we are seriously strapped for cash and I am so desperate to start working. Any tips?

I presume you've done the usual, posters in GP surgerys, health clinics. Have you put some in loal shops too?

Maybe people are on holiday. Hope it picks up for you. :o

I'm having the same problem aswell. I'm hoping it's because a lot of people are on holiday. Have you put an advert on netmums in your area? there is also a website called childcare.co.uk

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

I'm exactly the same - have one little girl one morning per week - she was meant to be coming full time when her Mum found work but their circumstances have changed and she now won't be working full time.

I have two brothers for after school in September but it's only for two hours but it's a start and hoping once I'm established in a School things will roll from there.

Good luck

Belinda

Was away when you first posted so sorry didn't respond. Make sure you are listed on your Families Information Service (or your local equivalent). Often parents go through a list from them. Ours will put those childminders who have updated theirs most recently, at the top of the list. Also, ring around other childminders and make sure they all have your details. Just today I gave out phone numbers as couldn't take on requested business. Doesn't mean I don't have a place, just that I couldn't do that work. What goes around comes around.

Very best of luck,

Honey

Try investing in a Registered Childminder badge, too... I have one from the NCMA and another that simply says "Ask me about registered childcare".... worn constantly when I first started childminding which generated chats in the park, toddler groups, shops etc. I gave them a business card and was contacted - sometimes months later!

This system worked for me (- and Waveawand, too, more recently!)

Good Luck!

Nona

Although not a childminder myself one of my mums did her training and then had a couple of bright pink polo shirts printed with her details on the back eg name, phone number and that she was a childminder which she wore for the first few weeks all day everyday (making sure she wore them when she picked up her own children from school and when she took them to the park to play too) which was particularly successful for her - she also had a magnetic sign printed x 2 which she put on either side of her car. She got really busy really quickly. Hope that helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)