Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Are You Called?

finleysmaid

when we move the pre-school in september i would like to change my title. I am a supervisor at the moment (makes me sound like a prison officer)

It really doesnt describe my position and i would like to have a change...i do just about everything so gofer might be the best option!! :o

so what are you called...???? xD

I am the 'Leader'. But sometimes I don't like that. I would like to be called Pre-school Head' so parents take you more seriously!!

General dogsbody!

I heard of a school where the head teacher was called 'head learner' or something similar - it would certainly stir up some conversations.

How about Lead Practitioner? Or does that sound to health-related?

Hi

I also hate supervisor. I still get asked for my supervisors report at meetings

I call myself Pre-School leader when writing to parents, but my full title is Leading Childcare practitioner.

Glen

we had Manager..

said it all really, managed all from committee to staff and everything in between..

and parents recognised it as a title so I was not constantly explaining what it meant! Although once they knew us they all called me by my given name... it was only really used for official purposes..

thanks...interesting. The problem with Manager i find is that it makes me feel i have nothing to do with the children....and then lead practitioner seems to imply the opposite. Inge i agree it does seem to be needed only in the initial period but as i am changing all the paperwork i wanted to get it right on there from the start.

happy maz i am very tempted by your suggestion of dogsbody...well would go with my avatar anyway!!

Have you ever looked at the addressee of some of the junk mail we get, Head Nurse, Head Nursery Nurse, Principal, Proprietor, Manager, Chief Practitioner, Supervisor - frankly I don't think anyone knows what we should be called. Sometimes I opt for Owner/Manager, other times just Manager

I'm General Manager, appropriate as what I do most days feels very general, odd as I used to think people made the managers life easier,,,,,not the case as I spend my days trying to accomodate every other B***ER!!!!

So complicated - in school you just get to be "miss"!!

Actually in my school there's a mixture of children using our first names and some teachers by their surname - no idea why there's a mixture though appears to be down mostly to preference, although all early years staff are called by their first name