Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Solutions Or Suggestions Please!

Susan

Why are the little blue lines underneath all post titles not disappearing any more even though I have now read the content?

I updated to Firefox 4 yesterday but it seems to be the same in IE today?

Even my technology experts cant resolve this for me!!!

Why are the little blue lines underneath all post titles not disappearing any more even though I have now read the content?

I updated to Firefox 4 yesterday but it seems to be the same in IE today?

Even my technology experts cant resolve this for me!!!

Mine never have, The only thing that changes is they go from bold to washed out when I have read them - I'll attach a screen shot so you can compare

post-13453-1305458652_thumb.png

Edited by Cait

Mine change colour because I have set them up that way, this is visually clearer for me.

The only time I ever noticed the lines going was on the home page in the recent topics..but I have just checked and currently they don't.

I just remember which ones I've read usually. But I've been testing this out and my yellow triangle doesnt change either.

Not even after you click on 'view new posts' having read the last post?

No. I've been looking at other threads and everytime I come back to the view new posts list, its the same as it was before. I've got the default skin on if that makes any difference.

No. I've been looking at other threads and everytime I come back to the view new posts list, its the same as it was before. I've got the default skin on if that makes any difference.

And you're sure someone just hasn't come along and commented on the thread after you have? :o

I'm pretty sure I have the default skin too!

yes the yellow triangle reappears if someone has commented after I have read it... so this thread seems to constantly have a yellow triangle..

I use the triangle as a button as it takes me to the first unread post no need to go through all those I have already seen.

OK, so I'm going to blame age and hormones, but the yellow triangle does dissapear but I've only now connected it with the fact I've read a thread. I have never noticed that before, well, maybe in passing but never connected it. Obviously a post was made just after I'd viewed it like you say Maz.

Didnt someone post a thread ages ago about learning something everyday? Its taken me 6 years as a member of this forum to understand that. xD:o

I shouldn't worry Rea, I learn something new about this place on a fairly regular basis, like them 'circles' Cait referred to...I know hey are there but I've never noticed that they are different!

I recall a discussion a few years ago when Steve intervened and reminded us all what everything meant (I'm sure there's also a panel that does this - I've seen it on here somewhere) I thin we were talking about the little circles at the side of the big circles then, and wondering what all the colours meant.

I dont use view new posts but navigate around from the home page, via new topics and recent posts. If I had read a topic at all the underlining disappeared! But not now. :o

I also use forum index and active topics and every post in the forum index is underlined too!