Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Mum

sunnyday

I have taken my very elderly mum out for lunch today (she will be 90 in October) she told me that she had been having a conversation with one of her 'neighbours' - mum lives in 'sheltered housing'.....

This neighbour had been telling mum that she constantly worries about things - anything and everything....

Mum said to her - "oh I don't worry about anything at all......if anything goes wrong I just tell my daughters and they sort it out for me"

Isn't that lovely! :o

My mom said something similar the other day. A friend of the family died recently aged 75. Dad's 71 and started worrying about dying and leaving mom. She told dad 'I'll be fine, Gra will look after me, he'll never see me in need and never ask for a penny for shopping or anything'. Gra is my hubby and I thought it was lovely that she knew she could rely on him so completly.

Now the hope is that my lads look after me in the same way and that they're ponly joking about the old folks home up the road!

I hope my three children look after me too :o

No relationship with my mum so hopefully I have done something right with my own children

Its so nice when you hear someone say something so special its brightens up a day You are very lucky xD I have a friend who kindly shares her Mum with me, she great (the friend too) shes always there to listen, or a shoulder to lean on and she often just says the right thing just when I need it Shes a real StaR!!!

I believe the older generations have something really special particularly their outlook on people, they are often very wise!!!

Sue

What lovely thoughts and how great that you have such wonderful mums who can rely on you both.

And how special to share those thoughts with us all

Nicky Sussex xx :o

Nearly ninety years young, how lovely that she feels she doesn't have to worry about a thing and how great that you and your sister make her feel this way.

You should feel very proud of yourselves it made me go aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o . xD

Edited by bridger

Thanks Maz - but we are very lucky to have her too!

You know I won't argue with you there!

we all need a Sunnyday!!! x

Well now sunnyday if you're offering your services I can offer you a long-term assignment here in sunny Maidenhead! Which of my many problems would you like to sort first? :o