Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Searching For A Solution Through The Mighty Brain Power Of Fsf

catma

Dear all - I have an old college friend who has left London and I still have 3 cardboard boxes of her books, photos and some other miscellaneous stuff that I stored for her when she was re structuring her life. She now lives in Cumbria!

As I now need the bit of space where these boxes are I need to work out how to get it to her because neither of us can accommodate driving to or from each other at the mo cos of jobs.

Has anyone got a cost effective suggestion as to how I can get 3 largish boxes delivered/couriered.....................?

Ta.

Cx

Edited by catma

Apart from good old parcel force which is probably going to be pricey I am not sure!

However, where are you Catma? I am in Suffolk and my son goes to Cumbria quite regularly (his girlfriends parents live in Penrith)

Sorry probably not much help but will keep thinking

Some food for thought there - I'm in London.

Thanks - all ideas gratefully accepted!

Cx

anywhere near chiswick? just kind of thinking on my feet! I have a son who lives there and perhaps if you could get them to him (guessing an evening due to work ) he could bring them here and my other son could take them oop north

I just have to add I haven't mentioned it to either of them yet!! I do love the idea of a chain though:-) but it needs someone with geographical knowledge and alas that's not me

What great publicity it would be for the forum if we could do it with a chain! It would really show how well we work together to succeed!

Quick edit to add that in days gone by you could have just put the boxes on a train - but I don't think you can anymore

Edited by Cait

Or you could always just borrow the FSF Lear Jet? It's not being used next weekend as far as I know - seems a shame to have it sitting idly there at the private airport!

Well excuse me Steve - you said that I could use it next weekend :o I suppose I could drop catma's parcels off en route! xD

Well excuse me Steve - you said that I could use it next weekend :o I suppose I could drop catma's parcels off en route! xD

Were you popping up to see me again? How lovely - I'll put the kettle on.

Well as you know we only bought the jet to transport Travelling Ted, so it's never been overused. Careful with those boxes sunnyday, they sound heavy!

Rest assured Steve - this activity will be fully risk assessed! :o Just hope Cait remembers to light the landing strip adequately! :(xD

marvellous idea to air freight them. (And they will be heavy! Books etc)

Another friend may be going up there in the summer so I'm holding out for that but researching other options should that go adrift. Not sure I could cope with the stress of the responsibility re chain mail though.

Alternatively they could spend another 10+ years in he corner of the spare room!

Cx

Oh don't say that Catma - I live in hope that my children will cart away their STUFF soon so that I can see how big the loft space really is!

well my advice is carry on hoping!! :o

My eldest is 32 and hasn't lived at home for years - up in the loft there is SOOOOOOOO much stuff that belongs to him and 'one day' he will take it all. Occasionally I ask whether he actually still

wants it all kept and the answer is always definitely yes!

just can't see it happening any time soon but I still live in hope xD

Oh yes to the loft full of stuff that they may want.. some went but then bounced back along with more which has extended to the house since they went to Oz and found stuff they could not take as it would not get through quarantine..

and sorry Callum has not used his plane much but local travel and the cost has kept him from needing it ! (which reminds me to check up on him!)

I know the feeling of boxes in the loft from children no longer at home. Our eldest daughter now has her own house and I thought we'd managed to get rid of all her stuff but a couple of weeks ago we were having a sort out and came across another 2 boxes that belong to her. As for my sons stuff, I think we may be custodians of that for some time to come!

For anyone who hasn't had a chance to use it yet, here it is. That's me on the top by the way. xD

Please someone use the jet or I will have to wash it again.....you have no idea the assorted jobs that get added to my list of things to do when I am not looking :o