Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

She Came, She Saw, Was Impressed And Left With A Smile On Her Face

:o

We have just had our inspection and we got a satisfactory rating. She would have marked us as a good for safeguarding had she not seen the bruise on the mindees face. We told her that yes we should have got that put down in the file.

She marked us for 3 goods. 2 of them were Working in partnership with parents, (something that they are hot on at the moment) and the rare one for first inspections being working in partnership with others. I.e. Nursery.

Our mindee was an absolute gem. He doesn't normally like us singing out of the stay and play's he normally puts his hands on our mouth. I've recently clocked that if he's singing it's ok to sing too. So I did. She said that it was loverly to see. We have got him used to going outside now that the weather is better. When we first tryied to get him to go outside he wouldn't put his shoes on. But today we didn't have too much trouble trying to get them on him.

When we were outside he was taking notice of things more than normal. The flowers etc. We were around the side of the house and I saw a twig. I gave it to him and said shall we show DH? he nodded and rushed to show him. She thought that was great! He went back outside and played a bit until it started to rain. My DH was going to join us with a bubble maker but was stopped by Ofsted lady. When the mindee saw it he said "bubbles, bubbles" he had never seen it before here and his mum said that they don't have one at home but it looked like we had had this for ages.

Then he heard "row row" on one of the toys and he indicated to my DH that he wanted to do the song. saying "row row!" The lady said "oh how lovely!"

He wiped his nose beautifully and rushed to put it in the bin.

She said that it was obvious how settled he content and happy he is in our care. The teamwork we have is very close.

We stayed up until over 2 this morning sorting out the paperwork. Making sure the photos were printed off and dated. Recently done obs and planning training so she saw how we had improved since the training.

We are very chuffed. Lets hope this actually gets us more clients now.

Oh no she didn't stop the bubbles. My DH came in to sort the bubble machine out and before he could go outside again she wanted to ask him some questions. He would have come out but it started to rain so didn't get the chance as we came in. She didn't look around the setting much but what she did see she was impressed about. She did tell me that she was going to join us outside. She was asking alot of questions. I guess she has to that's her job.

One thing that surprised us though is that she said we don't need to worry about the SEF as its not an Osted requirement. As long as we can show that we are moving forward that is all that counts.

Congratulations -a great first inspection, lots of good feedback about what you're doing well and some tips for the future!

SEF isn't compulsory as long as you can show that you are a reflective practitioner.

When you get the full report you'll have a lot more idea as to what she's liked and ideas to take forward - I'm always tickled by the examples given of things they've observed that I do automatically without thinking :o you'll know what I mean when you read yours!

Nona

We are a packaway in Kent - and we have just been awarded Outstanding in every category, so so thrilled and amazed as we thought being in a village hall would hinder our results. Fantastic Inspector, really down to earth, spoke to the children, parents and really got a feel of us

We are a packaway in Kent - and we have just been awarded Outstanding in every category, so so thrilled and amazed as we thought being in a village hall would hinder our results. Fantastic Inspector, really down to earth, spoke to the children, parents and really got a feel of us

Oh brilliant news!

Many, many congratulations! :o